Gill, Gatlin to Headline Johnny Cash Music Festival; Carlene Carter Finishes Album; New Music Videos
- Carlene Carter announced on Twitter that she has just finished recording her next album and mixing it with Don Was and Bob Clearmountain. No word yet on a release date.
- Becky Schlegel will be releasing a brand new album called Opry Lullaby on September 1. You can listen to the outstanding title track here.
- Craig Morgan will release The Journey–The Livin’ Hits on September 3.
- CM Wilcox has this week’s Quotable Country up over at Country California.
- The boys of Florida Georgia Line made the cover of Billboard.
- If you have $20 million or so lying around, you can buy Tim McGraw and Faith Hill’s farm.
- Shooter Jennings announced his fall tour dates.
- So did Luke Bryan.
- The Voice winner Danielle Bradbery performed her debut single, “The Heart of Dixie,” on The Today Show.
- Vince Gill and Larry Gatlin will headline the Johnny Cash Music Festival on August 17.
- Are cameras on smart phones ruining the concert-going experience?
- The Tennessean‘s Eva Botkin-Kowacki interviewed GAC General Manager Sarah Trahern.
- Bluegrass fans can look forward to Lou Reid & Carolina: Live at the Down Home being released in August.
- Kelly Clarkson has entered country’s Top 50 with her solo “Tie It Up.”
- Kellie Pickler tells Rolling Stone that she stood her ground on her upcoming fourth album: “I’ve made records where I’m trying to make everybody else happy and say what other people want me to say. That was miserable…If you go in and you’re honest, people will either like you or not. You can’t please them all, so you might as well be happy with it yourself. It’s your face on the cover. You can’t change who you are to please other people.”
- Lari White received the key to her city, Dunedin, Florida.
- New music videos from the past week or so:
Cassadee Pope – “Wasting All These Tears”
The Greencards – “Black Black Water”
The Rankin Twins – “Jezebel”
Kenny Chesney – “When I See This Bar”
Jana Kramer – “I Hope It Rains”
David Nail – “Whatever She’s Got”
Uncle Kracker – “Blue Skies”
Balsam Range – “Papertown”
Westbound Rangers – “One of These Days”
The Breedings – “Calm”
HoneyHoney – “Little Toy Gun (live with string quartet)”
Chuck Wicks – “Salt Life”
Will Hoge – “Strong”
The Willis Clan – “What Can I Say”
The Deadly Gentlemen – “Bored of the Raging”
MacKenzie Porter – “Never Gonna Let You”
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.