Gill, Gatlin to Headline Johnny Cash Music Festival; Carlene Carter Finishes Album; New Music Videos
- Carlene Carter announced on Twitter that she has just finished recording her next album and mixing it with Don Was and Bob Clearmountain. No word yet on a release date.
- Becky Schlegel will be releasing a brand new album called Opry Lullaby on September 1. You can listen to the outstanding title track here.
- Craig Morgan will release The Journey–The Livin’ Hits on September 3.
- CM Wilcox has this week’s Quotable Country up over at Country California.
- The boys of Florida Georgia Line made the cover of Billboard.
- If you have $20 million or so lying around, you can buy Tim McGraw and Faith Hill’s farm.
- Shooter Jennings announced his fall tour dates.
- So did Luke Bryan.
- The Voice winner Danielle Bradbery performed her debut single, “The Heart of Dixie,” on The Today Show.
- Vince Gill and Larry Gatlin will headline the Johnny Cash Music Festival on August 17.
- Are cameras on smart phones ruining the concert-going experience?
- The Tennessean‘s Eva Botkin-Kowacki interviewed GAC General Manager Sarah Trahern.
- Bluegrass fans can look forward to Lou Reid & Carolina: Live at the Down Home being released in August.
- Kelly Clarkson has entered country’s Top 50 with her solo “Tie It Up.”
- Kellie Pickler tells Rolling Stone that she stood her ground on her upcoming fourth album: “I’ve made records where I’m trying to make everybody else happy and say what other people want me to say. That was miserable…If you go in and you’re honest, people will either like you or not. You can’t please them all, so you might as well be happy with it yourself. It’s your face on the cover. You can’t change who you are to please other people.”
- Lari White received the key to her city, Dunedin, Florida.
- New music videos from the past week or so:
Cassadee Pope – “Wasting All These Tears”
The Greencards – “Black Black Water”
The Rankin Twins – “Jezebel”
Kenny Chesney – “When I See This Bar”
Jana Kramer – “I Hope It Rains”
David Nail – “Whatever She’s Got”
Uncle Kracker – “Blue Skies”
Balsam Range – “Papertown”
Westbound Rangers – “One of These Days”
The Breedings – “Calm”
HoneyHoney – “Little Toy Gun (live with string quartet)”
Chuck Wicks – “Salt Life”
Will Hoge – “Strong”
The Willis Clan – “What Can I Say”
The Deadly Gentlemen – “Bored of the Raging”
MacKenzie Porter – “Never Gonna Let You”
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!
- bob: Good day with news of PrizeFighter Trisha and Drunken Martina.
- John Fuller: Oh yeah!! Crispy sweet!
- Rick Mifflin: Sublime
- Leeann: Very nice!
- luckyoldsun: Paul, Good info. It's pretty disgraceful that Billboard editors can't even get musical history remotely right regarding even their own publication. The …
- Juli Thanki: Yep, I'll be there. Looking forward to it!
- Leeann: Wow! The Look Again to the Wind: Johnny Cash’s Bitter Tears Revisited album is so good!
- Jack Williams: I was also there on Saturday, Juli. I really liked Angeleena Presley's set, too. Marty and the boys …
- Jack Williams: I heard the guy who made the documentary talks funny. That's great news. I'll definitely buy a copy …