Gill, Gatlin to Headline Johnny Cash Music Festival; Carlene Carter Finishes Album; New Music Videos
- Carlene Carter announced on Twitter that she has just finished recording her next album and mixing it with Don Was and Bob Clearmountain. No word yet on a release date.
- Becky Schlegel will be releasing a brand new album called Opry Lullaby on September 1. You can listen to the outstanding title track here.
- Craig Morgan will release The Journey–The Livin’ Hits on September 3.
- CM Wilcox has this week’s Quotable Country up over at Country California.
- The boys of Florida Georgia Line made the cover of Billboard.
- If you have $20 million or so lying around, you can buy Tim McGraw and Faith Hill’s farm.
- Shooter Jennings announced his fall tour dates.
- So did Luke Bryan.
- The Voice winner Danielle Bradbery performed her debut single, “The Heart of Dixie,” on The Today Show.
- Vince Gill and Larry Gatlin will headline the Johnny Cash Music Festival on August 17.
- Are cameras on smart phones ruining the concert-going experience?
- The Tennessean‘s Eva Botkin-Kowacki interviewed GAC General Manager Sarah Trahern.
- Bluegrass fans can look forward to Lou Reid & Carolina: Live at the Down Home being released in August.
- Kelly Clarkson has entered country’s Top 50 with her solo “Tie It Up.”
- Kellie Pickler tells Rolling Stone that she stood her ground on her upcoming fourth album: “I’ve made records where I’m trying to make everybody else happy and say what other people want me to say. That was miserable…If you go in and you’re honest, people will either like you or not. You can’t please them all, so you might as well be happy with it yourself. It’s your face on the cover. You can’t change who you are to please other people.”
- Lari White received the key to her city, Dunedin, Florida.
- New music videos from the past week or so:
Cassadee Pope – “Wasting All These Tears”
The Greencards – “Black Black Water”
The Rankin Twins – “Jezebel”
Kenny Chesney – “When I See This Bar”
Jana Kramer – “I Hope It Rains”
David Nail – “Whatever She’s Got”
Uncle Kracker – “Blue Skies”
Balsam Range – “Papertown”
Westbound Rangers – “One of These Days”
The Breedings – “Calm”
HoneyHoney – “Little Toy Gun (live with string quartet)”
Chuck Wicks – “Salt Life”
Will Hoge – “Strong”
The Willis Clan – “What Can I Say”
The Deadly Gentlemen – “Bored of the Raging”
MacKenzie Porter – “Never Gonna Let You”
- Rick: After watching last night's episode of ABC's Nashville, all I can say to Juliette is Home Wrecker!!!! (lol) That live Sweetback …
- Luckyoldsun: "...liquor stores close at 9:00pm in Texas. " You learn something new every day! And as long as we're at it--How the …
- murtry: I always thought Out Among the Stars was too contrived. "It's midnight at a liquor store in Texas" .. …
- Juli Thanki: Darrell Scott did a solid version of "Out Among the Stars" for his Modern Hymns album a few years back: …
- mrsandydog: "That “Out Among the Stars” is surely the same tune that Waylon and Merle both recorded. I hope there’s better …
- Luckyoldsun: "Out Among the Stars" was a good song. I thought Merle's emotional recording of it was a highlight of his …
- Donald: Am I missing something with the 2-disc, 6 songs per, Rhonda set? Why two discs?
- murtry: That "Out Among the Stars" is surely the same tune that Waylon and Merle both recorded. I hope there's better …
- Six String Richie: On the bright side, by winning 6 ACAs, Florida Georgia Line now owns 6 Telecasters. Maybe that will help them …
- Janice Brooks: Barry a friend and I figured at least 7 HOF songwriters Price recorded before they became big. Roger Miller Bill Anderson Harlen Howard Mel …