George Strait Becomes Winningest Act In CMA Awards History
- George Strait‘s two wins last night pushed him up to 22 all-time awards and made him the winningest act in CMA Awards history.
- John Rich is the subject of a lawsuit filed by Jerry Montano, the rocker who’s nose was smashed by Rich four weeks ago. The suit alleges that Rich intentionally hit Montano after realizing that one of his female friends “was only interested in talking to him and nothing else.”
- Universal Music Group is projecting that Taylor Swift‘s new album Fearless could move upwards of 600,000 copies during its first week, easily ranking as the best sales week for a country album this year. It’ll also be enough to put her at No. 1 on the Billboard 200.
- Of the 1,000-plus songs on Taylor Swift‘s iPod, USA Today reveals the tracks she listens to the most.
- A couple of wees ago C. Eric Banister talked to author Loyal Jones about his new book Country Music Humorists and Comedians, and today he published his review.
In those 40-some pages he covers the history of comedy in country music and its importance to the development of country in growing a connection between artist and audience. This brief introduction packs in so much information and history that it alone would be worth picking up the book to have.
- Rolling Stone published a list ranking the “100 Greatest Singers of All Time,” with a short profile and playlist included for each artist. Blake Boldt conveniently pulled out the list and rankings of country artists and asks, “Who else deserved to make the roll call? And are six entries enough to represent country music?”
- Kellie Pickler pictures.
- Dierks Bentley played his new album for about 100 people at a bonfire party last at his hilltop property near Nashville and Craig Shelburne says it’s almost all uptempo and a little frisky.
In one song, he says that even though his lover is wide awake, he wants to make her close her eyes. Yowza! I get the feeling he was in an extremely good mood when he recorded it.
- Thanks to KathyP for the nice words and nomination in the 2008 Weblog Awards.
- Lonsome Day Records signed the Boston-based Americana band Girls Guns and Glory (MySpace) and will redistribute their current self-released album early next year.
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.
- Lisa Phillips: Love the Radio Ramblers! My favorite thing about fall is everything pumpkin.....coffee, cookies, muffins, pie.....etc!
- Sabrina Parnell: Def the cooler temps, football, great food , holidays on the way ,and of course more good country music releases.
- Debbie W: the changing colors of the leaves
- joyce King: I love FALL, the day your album Sept.25th is our wedding anniversary 46th!!! We have a fall Bean Supper, …
- Jim Sibley: I like everything about fall! MLB playoffs, football, end of hot, sticky nights, etc, etc. :-)
- Ron Mullins: Cool nights, smell of autumn and colors, and nice feeling in your heart.
- mike mills: Cool night and hunting