George Lindsey Passes Away; New Skynyrd Record Due in August; Music Videos
- George Lindsey passed away on Sunday at the age of 83. Lindsey was best known for his portrayal of Goober Pyle on The Andy Griffith Show and Hee Haw.
- Jake Owen was arrested in his hometown of Vero Beach, Florida on Cinco de Mayo: “You give a guy a gun and a badge and he thinks he’s John Wayne,” he tweeted, taking a stab at the sheriff who put him in cuffs. “Thanks Indian River County Sheriffs Office. Unreal.”
- Speaking of country music super-couples, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw may be close to signing a Las Vegas residency deal.
- Julie Roberts has released a new song celebrating the University of South Carolina, entitled “Carolina Promise” (currently available on iTunes). “Writing this song for the University felt like something I was supposed to do,” she says. “The University has given my family so much and I wanted to help this campaign in a way that I could, so I wrote and recorded ‘Sweet Carolina.’ It was fun thinking about the University, the students, the Gamecock fans, the alumni, the sporting events, and everything that makes me proud to call Carolina my home!”
- Miranda Lambert and Ashton Kutcher apparently made up after their little war of Twitter words.
- Jason Mraz has “country flair” on his new album, Love is a Four Letter Word.
- Songwriter Willie French Lowery passed away last week at the age of 68.
- Actor Ed Helms from The Office and The Hangover is developing a bluegrass album.
- Rolling Stone interviewed John Fogerty about his new duets album and the unlikely chance that Creedence Clearwater Revival will reunite.
- Florida Georgia Line, a new duo getting some airplay on XM/Sirius, is releasing a brand new EP It’s Just What We Do on 5/15. You can listen to their debut single “Cruise” here.
- New music videos from the last week or two with a couple of live performances thrown in for good measure:
Rachele Lynae – “Party ‘Til the Cows Come Home”
Thompson Square – “Glass”
Lady Antebellum – “Perfect Day”
Kix Brooks – “New to This Town”
Aaron Lewis – “Endless Summer”
Thomas Rhett – “Something To Do With My Hands”
Carter’s Chord – “Love a Little Bigger”
Steep Canyon Rangers – “Long Shot”
Rachel Holder – “In Your Arms”
Zac Brown Band – “No Hurry”
Carrie Underwood (featuring the PS22 Chorus) – “So Small”
Craig Morgan – “Easy”
Mark Wayne Glasmire – “I Like You”
Kip Moore – “Crazy One More Time”
Doug Briney – “More Than Just a Farm to Me”
Neil Young and Crazy Horse – “Oh Susannah”
Benn Gunn – “Rawsonville Road”
Lyn Bowtell – “Sing Along”
Bucky Covington – “I Wanna Be That Feeling”