Gary Allan To Face Stalker In Court
- Gary Allan will face an “aggressive stalker” in the courtroom tomorrow.
New releases for the week of May 26, 2009 include:
- Music Fog has video of John Wesley Harding backed by Eric Brace, his band Last Train Home, and Peter Cooper on “Top of the Bottom” from Saturday night.
- The new Dave Alvin and the Guilty Women record can be streamed at ReverbNation.
- Chris Jones and his band The Night Drivers (MySpace) have been in the studio wrapping up their first studio album in eight years, which has a projected release of late July or early August.
- Blake Shelton shared his 10 favorite George Strait songs.
- Listen to “(We’re Not) The Jet Set,” which Groover’s Paradise calls the perfect distillation of George Jones and Tammy Wynette‘s relationship and the very aesthetic of what country music once was.
- The Houston Chronicle‘s Andrew Dansby profiled the life of Michael David Fuller, better known as Blaze Foley.
Foley had several other smart, poignant songs to his credit. But his personality was his other great claim to fame. He was a larger-than-life character. Morlix says some of Foley’s early shows were practically performance art. He’d pass around a photo of himself as an obese youth during a song called I Won’t Be Your Fat Boy Anymore. Foley hated country singer David Allan Coe, so he covered a discarded toilet with a black seat and sequins and used it as a stage prop: David Allan Commode, the Mysterious Rhinestone Toilet.
- This week’s Quotable Country has links to an article contrasting Taylor Swift and Miranda Lambert and a video of an almost unrecognizable Toby Keith performing “Angel Flying Too Close To the Ground” in tribute to Wayman Tisdale.
- Bill Engvall has been named as the host for the 2009 CMT Music Awards on June 16.
- Big Rock Candy Mountain shared several mp3s from Sons of the Pioneers.
- The CMT New Video Evaluation Team took a look at new videos for Bomshel‘s “Fight Like a Girl” and Mark McKinney‘s “Middle America” this week.
- Comment with your favorite Keith Whitley song at My Kind of Country for a chance to win his RCA Country Legends compilation.
- Country Universe listed sales figures for albums released in the past three years that are still charting.
- Listen to The Belleville Outfit perform several songs from their new album Time to Stand on Mountain Stage. Brian T. Atkinson gave the album a B+ in his review for Austin Music Source.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, That's a good point, as far as country itself being a word that refers to a lot more than a …
- Six String Richie: Also, in regards to that article, Aldean's #2 complaint was "Nashville Copycats" and he gripes that people are copping Luke …
- Six String Richie: Billboard misprinted his new single as "Burnin' It Up" in that article! That goes to show how little even …
- CraigR.: Here are 5 things that piss me off about Jason Aldean: 1. He is a sore winner. Why complain when you …
- Barry Mazor: The words "country" and jazz (or "jass") and blues had been around for decades before they became genres (or formats) …
- Jeff Miller: Yeah, the first time I played Jimmie Rodgers for my wife & daughter- they were aghast that he was singing …
- David Cantwell: I think it more helpful to think of Americana not as a genre but as a format--and, perhaps better, and …
- Juli Thanki: That would definitely be better than Marvel's hilariously terrible Billy Ray Cyrus comic book, released in 1995. http://4thletter.net/2009/02/billy-ray-cyrus-the-marvel-comic-book-yes-really/
- Applejack: "I’m sure there are many ways to lasso in and constrict any genre or format, any of them, so tightly …
- Emily: Wow!! Fabulous! Love those boots and you all look stunning! xo