Gary Allan To Face Stalker In Court
- Gary Allan will face an “aggressive stalker” in the courtroom tomorrow.
New releases for the week of May 26, 2009 include:
- Music Fog has video of John Wesley Harding backed by Eric Brace, his band Last Train Home, and Peter Cooper on “Top of the Bottom” from Saturday night.
- The new Dave Alvin and the Guilty Women record can be streamed at ReverbNation.
- Chris Jones and his band The Night Drivers (MySpace) have been in the studio wrapping up their first studio album in eight years, which has a projected release of late July or early August.
- Blake Shelton shared his 10 favorite George Strait songs.
- Listen to “(We’re Not) The Jet Set,” which Groover’s Paradise calls the perfect distillation of George Jones and Tammy Wynette‘s relationship and the very aesthetic of what country music once was.
- The Houston Chronicle‘s Andrew Dansby profiled the life of Michael David Fuller, better known as Blaze Foley.
Foley had several other smart, poignant songs to his credit. But his personality was his other great claim to fame. He was a larger-than-life character. Morlix says some of Foley’s early shows were practically performance art. He’d pass around a photo of himself as an obese youth during a song called I Won’t Be Your Fat Boy Anymore. Foley hated country singer David Allan Coe, so he covered a discarded toilet with a black seat and sequins and used it as a stage prop: David Allan Commode, the Mysterious Rhinestone Toilet.
- This week’s Quotable Country has links to an article contrasting Taylor Swift and Miranda Lambert and a video of an almost unrecognizable Toby Keith performing “Angel Flying Too Close To the Ground” in tribute to Wayman Tisdale.
- Bill Engvall has been named as the host for the 2009 CMT Music Awards on June 16.
- Big Rock Candy Mountain shared several mp3s from Sons of the Pioneers.
- The CMT New Video Evaluation Team took a look at new videos for Bomshel‘s “Fight Like a Girl” and Mark McKinney‘s “Middle America” this week.
- Comment with your favorite Keith Whitley song at My Kind of Country for a chance to win his RCA Country Legends compilation.
- Country Universe listed sales figures for albums released in the past three years that are still charting.
- Listen to The Belleville Outfit perform several songs from their new album Time to Stand on Mountain Stage. Brian T. Atkinson gave the album a B+ in his review for Austin Music Source.
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …
- chris: That voice singing with Jim Ed is younger sister Bonnie, also a member of the Browns.