Gary Allan Cover; 1100 Springs’ “Great American Trainwreck”; Ricky Skaggs’ G-Run In a Mason Jar
- Check out the “artwork” for Gary Allan‘s new record Get Off On The Pain.
- As far as Carrie Underwood news goes, I’m pretty sure her bikini pictures overshadowed her holiday special yesterday. Speaking of which, I only watched about an hour, but did the show get any more holiday-oriented as it went along?
- Galleywinter’s Brad listed his decade-defining albums in Texas music and country music.
- Ninebullet’s.net thinks you should know Jeremy Steding.
- The Bluegrass Blog introduced The Hagar’s Mountain Boys and their new record, Forever Yours.
- Steve Wariner released a new Christmas single titled “Feels Like Christmas Time.”
- The Gourds made a two-night stand at Jovita’s in Austin over the weekend and Alt-512 Music Musings has all the audio.
- The Boot published a brief Q&A with Miranda Lambert.
- CMT has new videos for Gary Allan‘s “Today,” Colt Ford‘s “Mr. Goodtime,” Collin Raye‘s “She’s With Me,” and Matt Kennon‘s debut single “The Call.”
- Michael Corcoran shares a few details pertaining to the movie Crazy Heart, which he says serves as a fitting epitaph for Stephen Bruton.
Bruton’s contributions were not merely token, however. He co-wrote many of the key songs in the film, including “Hold On You,” “Somebody Blue,” “Fallin’ and Flyin’,” “I Don’t Know” (all sung by the Jeff Bridges character Bad Blake) and “Gone, Gone, Gone” performed by Colin Farrell’s character, a former Blake protege turned country superstar. The tunes sound like the former hits the movie made them out to be.
- Randy Houser says his next record will be more country than the last.
- Listen to “Great American Trainwreck,” a new song from the forthcoming Eleven Hundred Springs album This Crazy Life (Feb. 3).
- The Boston Globe published a condensed interview with Antonino D’Ambrosio, who recently released the book A Heartbeat and a Guitar: Johnny Cash and the Making of Bitter Tears.
- Wichita Rutherford captured Ricky Skaggs‘ G-Run in a mason jar.
- Music Fog filmed Cross Canadian Ragweed performing “Dead Man” just after soundcheck at a gig last week.
- Paige: Oh damn. :( I never commented here and I haven't been listening to any music at all since Thanksgiving (it …
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …