Gary Allan Cover; 1100 Springs’ “Great American Trainwreck”; Ricky Skaggs’ G-Run In a Mason Jar
- Check out the “artwork” for Gary Allan‘s new record Get Off On The Pain.
- As far as Carrie Underwood news goes, I’m pretty sure her bikini pictures overshadowed her holiday special yesterday. Speaking of which, I only watched about an hour, but did the show get any more holiday-oriented as it went along?
- Galleywinter’s Brad listed his decade-defining albums in Texas music and country music.
- Ninebullet’s.net thinks you should know Jeremy Steding.
- The Bluegrass Blog introduced The Hagar’s Mountain Boys and their new record, Forever Yours.
- Steve Wariner released a new Christmas single titled “Feels Like Christmas Time.”
- The Gourds made a two-night stand at Jovita’s in Austin over the weekend and Alt-512 Music Musings has all the audio.
- The Boot published a brief Q&A with Miranda Lambert.
- CMT has new videos for Gary Allan‘s “Today,” Colt Ford‘s “Mr. Goodtime,” Collin Raye‘s “She’s With Me,” and Matt Kennon‘s debut single “The Call.”
- Michael Corcoran shares a few details pertaining to the movie Crazy Heart, which he says serves as a fitting epitaph for Stephen Bruton.
Bruton’s contributions were not merely token, however. He co-wrote many of the key songs in the film, including “Hold On You,” “Somebody Blue,” “Fallin’ and Flyin’,” “I Don’t Know” (all sung by the Jeff Bridges character Bad Blake) and “Gone, Gone, Gone” performed by Colin Farrell’s character, a former Blake protege turned country superstar. The tunes sound like the former hits the movie made them out to be.
- Randy Houser says his next record will be more country than the last.
- Listen to “Great American Trainwreck,” a new song from the forthcoming Eleven Hundred Springs album This Crazy Life (Feb. 3).
- The Boston Globe published a condensed interview with Antonino D’Ambrosio, who recently released the book A Heartbeat and a Guitar: Johnny Cash and the Making of Bitter Tears.
- Wichita Rutherford captured Ricky Skaggs‘ G-Run in a mason jar.
- Music Fog filmed Cross Canadian Ragweed performing “Dead Man” just after soundcheck at a gig last week.
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …
- nm: Agreed. A good job by three very smart women.
- Deremy Jylan: The Hight piece is tremendous reading.
- Juli Thanki: Much like the music of Aldean and FGL, Michelob Ultra is favored by college kids and too much exposure will …
- Tom: ...michelob ultra seems to be a brew from hell.
- luckyoldsun: Maybe he was just changing out of his hunting clothes. At least he didn't do the full Randy...um Monty.
- Donald: If you haven't heard...this one is a bit bizarre: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/johnny-cash-s-son-arrested-at-deer-lake-airport-after-removing-his-clothes-1.2814697?cmp=rss I think the link says almost all....