Garth Schedules 10 Chicago Shows; Rodeo Bar Closes; New Music Videos
- Dolly Parton has been writing a movie about her life and thinks Scarlett Johansson could play her. Parton’s “Jolene” is the American Songwriter Lyric of the Week.
- Our old The 9513 friend Stephen Deusner counted down 10 essential Dwight Yoakam songs for CMT Edge.
- In case you wondered if Garth Brooks still matters, he sold an estimated 180,000 tickets in three hours last Friday morning when one show in Chicago turned into 10.
- RPM Entertainment, the home of Maggie Rose and Tate Stevens, has “eliminated its radio promotion staff, effective immediately, to concentrate on management and publishing.”
- Sarah Darling can add fashion designer to her resume, as she’s teamed up with Durango to create a signature line of boots.
- On August 4, The Secret Sisters will release a deluxe edition of Put Your Needle Down through Cracker Barrel.
- Stream Christopher Denny’s If the Roses Don’t Kill Us at NPR.
- Music executive and songwriter Don Lanier passed away on July 23 at the age of 78.
- C.M Wilcox posted a new Quotable Country.
- The New York Times published an article on the Rodeo Bar, which closed on Sunday.
- Saving Country Music gave an update on the trials that have beset the Outlaw Music Hall of Fame.
- Chuck Wicks is finishing his next album for Blaster Records and is shooting for a late fall or winter release date.
- Country Weekly’s Bob Paxman wrote about how “You and Tequila” recharged Deana Carter’s career.
- Blackberry Smoke just finished recording their fourth studio album.
- On September 9, Pinecastle Records will release Detroit to Wheeling by The Osborne Brothers, the third installment in Pinecastle’s four-part series documenting the Osborne Brothers’ early years. This morning, WSM tweeted that Bobby and Sonny Osborne will appear on Eddie Stubbs’ radio show tonight.
- New music videos from the last week or so:
Bri Bagwell – “Crazy”
Zac Brown Band – “All Alright”
Reba McEntire – “Pray for Peace”
John Dee Holman & Dom Flemons – “John Henry”
JT Hodges – “Already High”
Stoney LaRue – “First One to Know”
Zoe Muth and the Lost High Rollers – “Make Me Change My Mind” (live for CMT Edge)
Jon Wolfe – “What Are You Doin’ Right Now”
LiveWire – “Drivin’ You Outta My Mind”
PawnShop Kings – “Make Me Whole”
Steff and the Articles – “Call You Mine”
Tebey – “Now I Do”
Radney Foster – “California” (Live on Texas Music Scene)
Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen – “Yeah, Man” (Live on WAMU’s Bluegrass Country)
The Shires – “Tonight”
John Howie, Jr. & The Rosewood Bluff – “Suspicion” (Live at Schoolkids Records)
James Reams and the Barnstormers – “Almost Hear the Blues”
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.
- Lisa Phillips: Love the Radio Ramblers! My favorite thing about fall is everything pumpkin.....coffee, cookies, muffins, pie.....etc!
- Sabrina Parnell: Def the cooler temps, football, great food , holidays on the way ,and of course more good country music releases.
- Debbie W: the changing colors of the leaves
- joyce King: I love FALL, the day your album Sept.25th is our wedding anniversary 46th!!! We have a fall Bean Supper, …
- Jim Sibley: I like everything about fall! MLB playoffs, football, end of hot, sticky nights, etc, etc. :-)
- Ron Mullins: Cool nights, smell of autumn and colors, and nice feeling in your heart.
- mike mills: Cool night and hunting
- Paul W Dennis: MLB playoffs and the weather here in Florida finally cooling off a little. Also we get the Palatka Bluegrass Festival …
- Tony Branscomb: Peaceful Quiet Days In The Woods Watching Wildlife Playing.