Friday Five: Songs About Drowning
Every now and again you’ll experience the kind of heartbreak that makes you want to drown yourself. I’m not talking about the metaphorical kind of drowning of sorrows with whiskey and wine, but actual, Virginia Woolf style, rocks-in-pockets drowning. Have no fear; these five intrepid singers have been there before. So step away from the river and up to a jukebox, because heartbreak is only temporary, but a good song about drowning yourself–like a diamond–lasts forever.
Disclaimer: The 9513 only condones the metaphorical kind of drowning…but we hope you’ll enjoy this list anyway.
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.
- Janice Brooks: Peter Cooper needs an edit. Stringbean did not die in 1964.
- Leeann: I can't contribute to this list, but I did think of Steve Earle and The Wire. It's not my …
- Jeremy Dylan: That was a great episode of Monk. The "Georgia On My Mind" scene is just heartbreaking.