Friday Five: Fishing
The ocean of music has eleventy zillion songs about fishing, but we can only reel in five. Cast your opinion on your favorite fishing songs below: you don’t even need a license.
5. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band – “Fishin’ in the Dark”
This classic song was released back in 1987 and went to Number One. Did you know that Emerson Drive and Garth Brooks released versions of it as well?
4. Robert Earl Keen – “Five Pound Bass”
As Keen explains in the video, while the bass in question started out as a literal interpretation, it went on to be a metaphor for anything that was good in life. Here’s hoping you catch your five pound bass soon.
3. Craig Morgan – “Fish Weren’t Bitin’”
This Ole Boy finds a better use for his time than sitting by the water when the fish aren’t cooperating.
2. David Lee Murphy – “Fish Ain’t Biting”
Murphy’s 1994 single comparing the dating game to fishing went to number 52 on the charts. Subsequent singles in “Party Crowd” and “Dust on the Bottle” did a little better.
1. Andy Griffith – “The Fishin’ Hole”
Because the theme to The Andy Griffith Show used only the whistling portion of this song, many folks don’t know it was a full-length song with lyrics about…you guessed it: fishing.
- Elizabeth Linder: I love sitting by a bond fire with my husband making s'mores and drinking hot chocolate.
- Jeremy Dylan: One might say that a good way to pay tribute to RCA Studio a would be to not demolish it …
- willard willams: Oct. 10, as that is our wedding anniversary. Will be 50 years and I still remember.
- Both Kinds of Music: What an excellent team-up.
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.