Friday Five: Breezes
The recent summer month has been a particularly brutal one across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast part of theUnited States. Heat records have been broken across several states and summer-related storms knocked out power – and air conditioning — to millions of people. What folks need more than anything is a cool breeze. Here comes Engine 145 to the rescue.
If a breeze doesn’t beat the heat, certainly an icy, alcoholic treat from the king of margaritas will help do the trick.
“Rainbow colored flowers kissed with early morning sun/The aster and the dahlia and wild geraniums/Drops of morning dew still linger on the iris leaves” Can’t you just feel the coolness on your skin?
3. David Allan Coe – “Call Me the Breeze”
The only thing scarier than the weather lately could be David Allan Coe’s appearance these days. This J.J. Cale tune has been most famously covered by Lynyrd Skynyrd, but Bobby Bare and Johnny Cash have recorded their own covers, too.
Perhaps if the heat doesn’t ever go away, a trip to Shanghai, China is in order. It’ll still be hot, but the fun of playing tourist will make up for that.
1. Jim Reeves – “Sea Breeze”
With this tune, you need to pick your poison. You can catch a little “Sea Breeze”and cool off, but suffer from heartache… or don’t listen and pass out from heat stroke. Choose your own adventure.
- TexasVet: The Von Trapps had some stinging comments concerning Underwood’s “Spound of Music” part. I think they pose some legitimate …
- tncheesehead: reading the story behind the Paisley/Underwood lawsuit I would guess that yes the idea was stolen - too many coincidences …
- BRUCE: Interesting lawsuit against Paisley & Underwood plus Sony. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The Von Trapps …
- Country fan: Hunter is very good, I wish he would do some traditional country music.
- Luckyoldsun: Well, Hunter plays a mean accordion on Jambalaya!
- Country fan: Merle is one of the greatest talents in music.
- Country fan: Could not agree more with Bruce !
- Janice Brooks: The Kenny and Amanda Smith track is in rotation her. Hoping for a promo from Brennen and Noel.
- SunsetPark: www.dictionary.com today has "5 Famous Words of Country Music" on their front page. It includes honky-tonk (with a reference …
- BRUCE: Florida Georgia Line, Hunter Hayes, Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan. These are the CMT Artists of the Year? Folks, it's …