Friday Five: Bossman
There are many, many country songs about work. A common element in these songs is the hatred of the bossman. You know, that guy who lets you dream just to watch ‘em shatter. In fact, you’re probably just a step on his ladder (unless you happen the boss, in which case you’re probably great. You’re certainly cool, if only for the fact that you read The 9513.). Today is National Boss’s Day, so let’s pay tribute, if by “tribute,” you mean “a list of five songs which feature rotten authority figures.”
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …