Friday Five: Bones
There are 206 bones in an adult human body, and probably an equal amount of songs about bones in my music collection. Here are five favorites, best enjoyed with a tall glass of milk.
A Top Ten hit for Axton in 1974, this song is mighty depressing: “Work your fingers to the bone and what do you get? Boney fingers.” Good thing it’s catchy. not that that’s much comfort when your car won’t run, the fire won’t start, and your distal phalanges are wrecked. But maybe things will get a little better. Just kidding. They probably won’t.
“Bones, we’ve been a long way together, and not once have you let me down/Why, Bones, you’ve probably walked me over the place we’ll sleep in the ground.” I guess that’s comforting, but it’s not like Bones had any choice in the matter.
This single from Storms of Life was Travis’ second No. 1. It’s a good reminder that broken relationships are a lot like the film trope of the Native American burial ground: disturb them at your own risk.
Being born with a jealous bone sounds better than being born with a vestigial tail, but not by much. At least doctors can remove the latter.
“This old bag of bones ain’t really me/There’s a lot more standing here than what you see.” That’s something to think about when your joints pop and creak and old injuries act up when it rains.
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.
- Lisa Phillips: Love the Radio Ramblers! My favorite thing about fall is everything pumpkin.....coffee, cookies, muffins, pie.....etc!
- Sabrina Parnell: Def the cooler temps, football, great food , holidays on the way ,and of course more good country music releases.
- Debbie W: the changing colors of the leaves
- joyce King: I love FALL, the day your album Sept.25th is our wedding anniversary 46th!!! We have a fall Bean Supper, …