Frank Liddell to Produce Lee Ann Womack’s New Record; Whitey Morgan & The 78s to Record Live Album; New Releases
- On November 25, Whitey Morgan & The 78′s will record a live album at the Machine Shop in their hometown of Flint, Michigan.
- Buck Green of Bluegrass Today wrote a post all about Clifton Clowers, the guy from “Wolverton Mountain” who’s mighty handy with a gun and a knife. The real-life Clowers was Green’s grandfather.
- The Gospel Side of Dailey & Vincent, a new project from (surprise!) Dailey & Vincent, will be available at Cracker Barrel restaurants starting January 9. It’ll include songs like “Daddy Sang Bass.”
- It was completely natural for Lionel Richie to record his upcoming country album, he says in this article.
- In Miranda Lambert news, she was the subject of features in the Tennessean and Paste. In the latter, she offered up her thoughts on “All Kinds of Kinds:” I used to think that people with tattoos and mohawks were weird, but then I ended up with a tattoo myself, and my bass player, who was an awesome guy, had a mohawk. I’ve learned to love being out there and meeting different kinds of people, even if they’re outside my comfort zone; I might not have said that five years ago, but now I do now.
- Cody Canada sat down for a Q&A with Nancy Dunham of American Songwriter.
Carter Family – Greatest Hits 1927-1934
Joe Nichols – It’s All Good
Rascal Flatts – The Best of Rascal Flatts Live
Les Brown Jr. & Neal McCoy – Music of Your Life with Les Brown Jr. and His Band of Renown, Starring Neal McCoy and Special Guests Charley Pride and Janie Fricke
Laura Veirs – Tumble Bee (folk songs for children)
Tennessee Ernie Ford and The Billy Liebert Band – On the Air, Volume One and Volume Two
Mandolin Orange — Haste Make | Hard Hearted Stranger
Josh Gracin – Redemption