Ferlin Husky and Billy Sherrill Inducted to Hall of Fame; New Releases; Mac Wiseman Celebrates 85 Years
- The Tennessean‘s Peter Cooper and Edward Morris both recapped Sunday evening’s Country Music Hall of Fame Medallion Ceremony (The Tennessean | CMT), which marked the official induction of Ferlin Husky and Billy Sherrill, and the invitation-only tribute to Mac Wiseman who turned 85 on Sunday (The Tennessean | CMT).
- Chris Young has a new three-song release out on iTunes titled Voices EP, which finds him covering three of the voices that influenced him: John Anderson’s “Swingin’,” Vern Gosdin’s “Chiseled In Stone” and Keith Whitley’s “I’m Over You.”
- Pieta Brown on Mountain Stage.
- Country California: Quotable Country – 05/23/10 Edition
New releases for the week of May 25, 2010 include:
- The two shows scheduled for Pennsylvania on the Eagles, Dixie Chicks, and Keith Urban tour have been canceled. No reason was cited for the cancellation, but an earlier show in Washington D.C. was also canceled without explanation.
- Farce the Music: Top 10 Thoughts Bucky Covington Has Had Today
- No Depression’s Grant Alden: An appreciation of Elizabeth Cook, and her album Welder
- The second Zac Brown Band album is tentatively titled Get What You Give and tentatively set for a fall release. Guitarist/keyboardist Coy Bowles says the record is 85 percent done.
“We still lean toward a Southern rock/country kind of thing, but there’s definitely radio-friendly stuff and still kind of an island, beachy vibe, and then we go off the beaten path and get into a kind of jam-band world. So I think it’s going to be really representative of where we are right now.”
- Alan Jackson honored fallen miners and rescue workers with a benefit concert on Saturday.
- After two weekends, Country Throwdown Tour creator Kevin Lyman feels like he’s on to something good. Examiner’s Jessica Cornett has highlights and pictures from Friday night’s stop in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Did anyone catch the Brooks & Dunn tribute on Sunday and if so, what was your favorite performance?
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.