Faith Hill to Join the Pretenders for ‘Crossroads'; New Album Releases; Court Yard Hounds Schedule Live Web Chat
- On Feb. 5, the night before the Super Bowl, Faith Hill and The Pretenders will team up for a live episode of CMT Crossroads.
- The success of “Somewhere With You” earned Kenny Chesney his 21st No. 1 single.
- Preview “Mountain Home,” the title track to Owen Temple‘s next album.
- Vote: The 2011 LoneStarMusic Awards
- In celebration of Bill Monroe‘s musical legacy, Rural Rhythm Records announced several tribute projects that will be released through the new year, starting with next week’s release of Blue Moon of Kentucky: Instrumental Tribute to Bill Monroe.
- NPR: Carlene Carter on Mountain Stage | The Del McCoury Band on Mountain Stage
- CMT published an excerpt from Franklin Bruno’s profile of Felice and Boudleaux Bryant in the 12th annual Southern Music issue of The Oxford American.
New releases for the week of January 18, 2011 include:
- Country California Fake News:
Upsetting expectations that her 2010 marriage to Canadian hockey star Mike Fisher would lead to a more mature fourth album dealing specifically in the joys and difficulties of young adulthood, Carrie Underwood announced today that her next disc, tentatively titled Canadian Heartsongs, will instead be all about her newfound allegiance to the Great White North.
The tracklist sounds great, too.
- Corry Morrow‘s “Lonesome” is available as a free download on Amazon.
- The Court Yard Hounds have a live webchat scheduled for tonight.
- Jason Aldean‘s My Kinda Party has been certified platinum.
- At the turn of the new year, songwriter and publisher Steve Christopher released Dog Country, a 10-track album of all original, unreleased dog songs by various writers, including guys like Mark Nesler and Shawn Camp.
- Levon Helm added a few dates for his famed Midnight Rambles, including pairings with Cindy Cashdollar, Hayes Carll and others.
- The majority of the tracks from Jim Lauderdale‘s album Patchwork River are available as free downloads.
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.