Faith Hill to Join the Pretenders for ‘Crossroads'; New Album Releases; Court Yard Hounds Schedule Live Web Chat
- On Feb. 5, the night before the Super Bowl, Faith Hill and The Pretenders will team up for a live episode of CMT Crossroads.
- The success of “Somewhere With You” earned Kenny Chesney his 21st No. 1 single.
- Preview “Mountain Home,” the title track to Owen Temple‘s next album.
- Vote: The 2011 LoneStarMusic Awards
- In celebration of Bill Monroe‘s musical legacy, Rural Rhythm Records announced several tribute projects that will be released through the new year, starting with next week’s release of Blue Moon of Kentucky: Instrumental Tribute to Bill Monroe.
- NPR: Carlene Carter on Mountain Stage | The Del McCoury Band on Mountain Stage
- CMT published an excerpt from Franklin Bruno’s profile of Felice and Boudleaux Bryant in the 12th annual Southern Music issue of The Oxford American.
New releases for the week of January 18, 2011 include:
- Country California Fake News:
Upsetting expectations that her 2010 marriage to Canadian hockey star Mike Fisher would lead to a more mature fourth album dealing specifically in the joys and difficulties of young adulthood, Carrie Underwood announced today that her next disc, tentatively titled Canadian Heartsongs, will instead be all about her newfound allegiance to the Great White North.
The tracklist sounds great, too.
- Corry Morrow‘s “Lonesome” is available as a free download on Amazon.
- The Court Yard Hounds have a live webchat scheduled for tonight.
- Jason Aldean‘s My Kinda Party has been certified platinum.
- At the turn of the new year, songwriter and publisher Steve Christopher released Dog Country, a 10-track album of all original, unreleased dog songs by various writers, including guys like Mark Nesler and Shawn Camp.
- Levon Helm added a few dates for his famed Midnight Rambles, including pairings with Cindy Cashdollar, Hayes Carll and others.
- The majority of the tracks from Jim Lauderdale‘s album Patchwork River are available as free downloads.
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …
- chris: That voice singing with Jim Ed is younger sister Bonnie, also a member of the Browns.
- Kev: I saw Jim Ed at the Opry in June and he sounded great then. I certainly look forward to …
- Delica Smith: I've had the blessings of following Mr. JimEd and Helen Cornelius since the mid 70s. I was a amateur …
- Inell: I meant to say you still sound as great as you did when you sang Pop O Top
- Inell: Oh Jim this is an awesome song I will be adding this to the collection of your other records I …
- Arlene: I couldn't agree more with Bonnie Raitt's description of Mavis Staples as a live performer. Forget St. John's wort-- …
- Tom: "...lucinda williams recorded enough material for another album" - better late than never this strike of wisdom.