Faith Hill to Join the Pretenders for ‘Crossroads'; New Album Releases; Court Yard Hounds Schedule Live Web Chat
- On Feb. 5, the night before the Super Bowl, Faith Hill and The Pretenders will team up for a live episode of CMT Crossroads.
- The success of “Somewhere With You” earned Kenny Chesney his 21st No. 1 single.
- Preview “Mountain Home,” the title track to Owen Temple‘s next album.
- Vote: The 2011 LoneStarMusic Awards
- In celebration of Bill Monroe‘s musical legacy, Rural Rhythm Records announced several tribute projects that will be released through the new year, starting with next week’s release of Blue Moon of Kentucky: Instrumental Tribute to Bill Monroe.
- NPR: Carlene Carter on Mountain Stage | The Del McCoury Band on Mountain Stage
- CMT published an excerpt from Franklin Bruno’s profile of Felice and Boudleaux Bryant in the 12th annual Southern Music issue of The Oxford American.
New releases for the week of January 18, 2011 include:
- Country California Fake News:
Upsetting expectations that her 2010 marriage to Canadian hockey star Mike Fisher would lead to a more mature fourth album dealing specifically in the joys and difficulties of young adulthood, Carrie Underwood announced today that her next disc, tentatively titled Canadian Heartsongs, will instead be all about her newfound allegiance to the Great White North.
The tracklist sounds great, too.
- Corry Morrow‘s “Lonesome” is available as a free download on Amazon.
- The Court Yard Hounds have a live webchat scheduled for tonight.
- Jason Aldean‘s My Kinda Party has been certified platinum.
- At the turn of the new year, songwriter and publisher Steve Christopher released Dog Country, a 10-track album of all original, unreleased dog songs by various writers, including guys like Mark Nesler and Shawn Camp.
- Levon Helm added a few dates for his famed Midnight Rambles, including pairings with Cindy Cashdollar, Hayes Carll and others.
- The majority of the tracks from Jim Lauderdale‘s album Patchwork River are available as free downloads.
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …
- nm: Agreed. A good job by three very smart women.
- Deremy Jylan: The Hight piece is tremendous reading.
- Juli Thanki: Much like the music of Aldean and FGL, Michelob Ultra is favored by college kids and too much exposure will …
- Tom: ...michelob ultra seems to be a brew from hell.
- luckyoldsun: Maybe he was just changing out of his hunting clothes. At least he didn't do the full Randy...um Monty.