Exes Tell All About Former Crazy Flames In Miranda Lambert’s Confessional Booth
- Carrie Underwood’s upcoming album still lacks a name, but the release date has been set for October 23rd while finishing touches are still being applied. Interestingly enough, her debut album Some Hearts is still the best-selling album of 2007.
- In the official announcement of their blog, CMT says that The Wreckers, Lance Miller and Halfway to Hazard have been confirmed as future bloggers. I wonder if they’ll write about themselves, or take the Sunny Sweeney approach and write about some of the other acts that they enjoy.
- Apparently this has been going on for a while, but because of the success of Miranda Lambert’s “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”, she’s been setting up a booth at her shows where fans can spill the beans on crazy exes they’ve had or confess to something crazy they’ve done themselves. The confessions are all videotaped and some of them have been making the Confessions section of Miranda’s site.
- Listen: Josh Grider has a new song on his MySpace titled “Probably Will” from his upcoming album Million Miles To Go.
- Mary Jane Farmer recounts a recent Doug Moreland show in McKinney, TX:
Then, there was Miss Molly. She’s only been with the band about a year and a half and so, is still learning. She’s the granddaughter of Moreland’s long-time friend and traveling companion, “Jalapeno” or “Holly-peno” in Moreland-ese, a long-haired dog who almost mirrors Moreland’s smile. On stage, she perched on her special stool, held the bow in her mouth, and let Moreland make fiddle magic. A crowd-pleaser, musically accurate.
- Watch: Visit Kill Buffalo to see a YouTube video of Earl Perkins putting a twist on the classic “I’ve Been Everywhere”.
- Ken Barnes from a USA Today blog has 10 First Impression albums that he describes as “sometimes calm and serene but just as often are intrusive and disturbing.” Among the albums are Adam Hood’s Different Groove and Sunny Sweeney’s Heartbreaker’s Hall of Fame. He describes Hood as:
…one of the most interesting Americana/country acts I’ve heard in a while — songs that stand out in a genre that’s increasingly less memorable.
Barnes has this to say about Sweeney:
Sweeney is an excellent songwriter and has a pure-country voice that adds to the music’s considerable appeal.
Both good choices.
- And lastly, we forgot to mention last week’s t-shirt winner. The t-shirt goes to Angie Anderson for her comment about the Jason Aldean article.
I loved the article on Jason Aldean. I think he a really great artist and person. Hes going all the way.
Congrats Angie. I’ll be emailing you shortly to get your contact info.
- Jim Z: " Luke Bryan (Best Country Male Artist), Brantley Gilbert’s Just as I Am (Best Country Album), Carrie Underwood (Best Country …
- luckyoldsun: MH-- "...divisive, dismissive and argumentative." There's a shock. Who'da thunk it.
- MH: Looks like the IBMA is finding out what a lot of us already knew about former & frequent Engine 145 …
- Tom: ...it is almost the year 2015 - ain't it about time we leave people (celebrities included) having the personal relations …
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …