Exes Tell All About Former Crazy Flames In Miranda Lambert’s Confessional Booth
- Carrie Underwood’s upcoming album still lacks a name, but the release date has been set for October 23rd while finishing touches are still being applied. Interestingly enough, her debut album Some Hearts is still the best-selling album of 2007.
- In the official announcement of their blog, CMT says that The Wreckers, Lance Miller and Halfway to Hazard have been confirmed as future bloggers. I wonder if they’ll write about themselves, or take the Sunny Sweeney approach and write about some of the other acts that they enjoy.
- Apparently this has been going on for a while, but because of the success of Miranda Lambert’s “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”, she’s been setting up a booth at her shows where fans can spill the beans on crazy exes they’ve had or confess to something crazy they’ve done themselves. The confessions are all videotaped and some of them have been making the Confessions section of Miranda’s site.
- Listen: Josh Grider has a new song on his MySpace titled “Probably Will” from his upcoming album Million Miles To Go.
- Mary Jane Farmer recounts a recent Doug Moreland show in McKinney, TX:
Then, there was Miss Molly. She’s only been with the band about a year and a half and so, is still learning. She’s the granddaughter of Moreland’s long-time friend and traveling companion, “Jalapeno” or “Holly-peno” in Moreland-ese, a long-haired dog who almost mirrors Moreland’s smile. On stage, she perched on her special stool, held the bow in her mouth, and let Moreland make fiddle magic. A crowd-pleaser, musically accurate.
- Watch: Visit Kill Buffalo to see a YouTube video of Earl Perkins putting a twist on the classic “I’ve Been Everywhere”.
- Ken Barnes from a USA Today blog has 10 First Impression albums that he describes as “sometimes calm and serene but just as often are intrusive and disturbing.” Among the albums are Adam Hood’s Different Groove and Sunny Sweeney’s Heartbreaker’s Hall of Fame. He describes Hood as:
…one of the most interesting Americana/country acts I’ve heard in a while — songs that stand out in a genre that’s increasingly less memorable.
Barnes has this to say about Sweeney:
Sweeney is an excellent songwriter and has a pure-country voice that adds to the music’s considerable appeal.
Both good choices.
- And lastly, we forgot to mention last week’s t-shirt winner. The t-shirt goes to Angie Anderson for her comment about the Jason Aldean article.
I loved the article on Jason Aldean. I think he a really great artist and person. Hes going all the way.
Congrats Angie. I’ll be emailing you shortly to get your contact info.
- Paige: Oh damn. :( I never commented here and I haven't been listening to any music at all since Thanksgiving (it …
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …