Exes Tell All About Former Crazy Flames In Miranda Lambert’s Confessional Booth
- Carrie Underwood’s upcoming album still lacks a name, but the release date has been set for October 23rd while finishing touches are still being applied. Interestingly enough, her debut album Some Hearts is still the best-selling album of 2007.
- In the official announcement of their blog, CMT says that The Wreckers, Lance Miller and Halfway to Hazard have been confirmed as future bloggers. I wonder if they’ll write about themselves, or take the Sunny Sweeney approach and write about some of the other acts that they enjoy.
- Apparently this has been going on for a while, but because of the success of Miranda Lambert’s “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”, she’s been setting up a booth at her shows where fans can spill the beans on crazy exes they’ve had or confess to something crazy they’ve done themselves. The confessions are all videotaped and some of them have been making the Confessions section of Miranda’s site.
- Listen: Josh Grider has a new song on his MySpace titled “Probably Will” from his upcoming album Million Miles To Go.
- Mary Jane Farmer recounts a recent Doug Moreland show in McKinney, TX:
Then, there was Miss Molly. She’s only been with the band about a year and a half and so, is still learning. She’s the granddaughter of Moreland’s long-time friend and traveling companion, “Jalapeno” or “Holly-peno” in Moreland-ese, a long-haired dog who almost mirrors Moreland’s smile. On stage, she perched on her special stool, held the bow in her mouth, and let Moreland make fiddle magic. A crowd-pleaser, musically accurate.
- Watch: Visit Kill Buffalo to see a YouTube video of Earl Perkins putting a twist on the classic “I’ve Been Everywhere”.
- Ken Barnes from a USA Today blog has 10 First Impression albums that he describes as “sometimes calm and serene but just as often are intrusive and disturbing.” Among the albums are Adam Hood’s Different Groove and Sunny Sweeney’s Heartbreaker’s Hall of Fame. He describes Hood as:
…one of the most interesting Americana/country acts I’ve heard in a while — songs that stand out in a genre that’s increasingly less memorable.
Barnes has this to say about Sweeney:
Sweeney is an excellent songwriter and has a pure-country voice that adds to the music’s considerable appeal.
Both good choices.
- And lastly, we forgot to mention last week’s t-shirt winner. The t-shirt goes to Angie Anderson for her comment about the Jason Aldean article.
I loved the article on Jason Aldean. I think he a really great artist and person. Hes going all the way.
Congrats Angie. I’ll be emailing you shortly to get your contact info.
- jenny patrick: my favorite part of autumn is the smell of a bonfire to roast weiners and marshmallows on .
- jeanie kinman: My favorite part of Autumn is all the festivals with bands playing Bluegrass music..Come on down to Ky Joe Mullins …
- Keith Saterwhite: My favorite part of Autumn are the beautiful colors on the trees, here in the foothills of the Blueridge Mountains.
- phillip Martinez: Thanks Joe, for always the great music.
- Martin DeSimio: Fresh apple cider.
- Jessica Whited: My favorite part of autumn is the chance to have bonfires with my friends and family.
- Sandy Kapphahn: Love the fall colors!
- Erik North: Caitlin Rose has become one of my favorite female singers of any genre in this century; and I think her …
- Sandy Chatfield: My favorite part of autumn.....football!
- Teresa McGraw: My favorite part of Autumn is pulling out the sweaters.