Exclusive Premiere: The Gibson Brothers — “They Called It Music”
Bluegrass music has a long, rich history of brother duos. Eric and Leigh Gibson may be one of the newer links in that chain, but their harmonies are some of the best you’ll find in bluegrass–or any genre.
Out March 26 on Compass Records, The Gibson Brothers’ They Called It Music will be a serious contender for Album of the Year thanks to those captivating harmonies and the five-man band’s stellar arrangements. Covers of songs by artists like Mark Knopfler, the Delmore Brothers, and Shawn Camp and Loretta Lynn stand alongside original material that includes some of the brothers’ best writing to date. Check out the title track, written by Eric Gibson and Joe Newberry, “They Called It Music,” below, along with a new video of the band performing the song at Compass Sound Studios in Nashville.
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …