Exclusive Premiere: The Bottle Rockets — “Smokin’ 100s Alone”
On August 16, their eleventh album, Not So Loud, is being released on Bloodshot Records. As the title suggests, it’s an acoustic album, recorded in April 2007 at St. Louis’ Lucas School House. If you’re not a fan of the band’s boisterous roots rock, give this album a few spins and see if you don’t change your mind. It’s a solid showcase of their lyrical and musical talents.
The Bottle Rockets are currently touring with Marshall Crenshaw. In the autumn, they’ll co-headline a few dates with Elizabeth Cook. Right now, we’re excited to premiere “Smokin’ 100s Alone,” one of the tracks from Not So Loud.
Listen (To download, right-click and select “Save Link As.”)
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.