Exclusive Premiere: The Bottle Rockets — “Smokin’ 100s Alone”
On August 16, their eleventh album, Not So Loud, is being released on Bloodshot Records. As the title suggests, it’s an acoustic album, recorded in April 2007 at St. Louis’ Lucas School House. If you’re not a fan of the band’s boisterous roots rock, give this album a few spins and see if you don’t change your mind. It’s a solid showcase of their lyrical and musical talents.
The Bottle Rockets are currently touring with Marshall Crenshaw. In the autumn, they’ll co-headline a few dates with Elizabeth Cook. Right now, we’re excited to premiere “Smokin’ 100s Alone,” one of the tracks from Not So Loud.
Listen (To download, right-click and select “Save Link As.”)
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …