Exclusive Premiere: The Bottle Rockets — “Smokin’ 100s Alone”
On August 16, their eleventh album, Not So Loud, is being released on Bloodshot Records. As the title suggests, it’s an acoustic album, recorded in April 2007 at St. Louis’ Lucas School House. If you’re not a fan of the band’s boisterous roots rock, give this album a few spins and see if you don’t change your mind. It’s a solid showcase of their lyrical and musical talents.
The Bottle Rockets are currently touring with Marshall Crenshaw. In the autumn, they’ll co-headline a few dates with Elizabeth Cook. Right now, we’re excited to premiere “Smokin’ 100s Alone,” one of the tracks from Not So Loud.
Listen (To download, right-click and select “Save Link As.”)
- Jeremy Dylan: One might say that a good way to pay tribute to RCA Studio a would be to not demolish it …
- Both Kinds of Music: What an excellent team-up.
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.
- Lisa Phillips: Love the Radio Ramblers! My favorite thing about fall is everything pumpkin.....coffee, cookies, muffins, pie.....etc!
- Sabrina Parnell: Def the cooler temps, football, great food , holidays on the way ,and of course more good country music releases.