Exclusive Album Stream: Brennen Leigh & Noel McKay — Before the World Was Made
From the cheerful dysfunction of “Breaking Up and Making Up Again,” to the pleading heartbreak of “Please Reconsider,” Brennen Leigh and Noel McKay cover the entire spectrum of love on their new collaboration, Before the World Was Made.
The record, which was produced by Gurf Morlix, is a stellar collection of original George-and-Melba-esque country duets, the majority of which were penned by the Austin-based duo. ”Be My Ball and Chain” recalls the playfulness of Ernest Tubb and Loretta Lynn’s “Sweet Thang,” and “Great Big Oldsmobile, a pedal-steel-laced ballad that was written by McKay alone, sweetly depicts lifelong love as the duo sings, “I’ll be deafer than a post and grayer than a ghost / But you’ll still steam my glasses up when I’m 92.”
As solo artists, Leigh and McKay are damn good; together, their music is irresistible. Stream Before the World Was Made before its September 24 release date.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …
- Barry Mazor: Well, gee, Taste of Country that sure clears that up. The argument's over--and it only took 200 words. …