Eddie Montgomery Confirms Cancer Diagnoses; Trace Adkins To Host American Country Awards
- Solemn news from Eddie Montgomery:
“Yes, rumors have started,” said Eddie in a statement. ”And the truth is I have recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I will be undergoing surgery to remove the cancerous tumor in December. I will be back in January ready to rock for all the fans! Please keep my family and I in your prayers.”
- Trace Adkins is taking his talents to Las Vegas on Dec. 6 to host the American Country Awards.
- The Boot is premiering the video for Mandy Barnett‘s “This Time of Year.”
- Miranda Lambert has the post-Revolution jitters:
“I’ll probably be panicked the night before my new record comes out because I love ‘Revolution’ still and I can’t even imagine starting on a new record,” Lambert said in an interview earlier this month.
“But I know I’ve got to and I know that I don’t need to compare myself to myself. I’ve just got to keep doing what I do and moving forward. But, yes, I’m so freakin’ nervous.”
Nervousness aside, she’s already started the process of gathering and writing songs, including several with her current tourmates, Eric Church and Josh Kelley.
- In an interview with The Tennessean‘s Peter Cooper, Loretta Lynn credits Jack White with helping her turnaround after her husband passed away. White produced her Grammy-winning album Van Lear Rose more than six years ago. It’s still her latest release, but she says she’s been working with John Carter Cash and has enough recorded for three new albums: a religious album, an album of greatest hits, and an album of new stuff.
- Pauline Reese may challenge Carrie Underwood for Nashville good looks, but The Austin Chronicle‘s Margaret Moser says she’s also a crack Texas songwriter.
- The Country California Fake News Department (CCFND) is reporting that Garth Brooks‘ music will finally be made available on iTunes, but you’ll have to follow some strict guidelines to ensure equal access:
1. Those interested in purchasing Garth Brooks music on iTunes must meet at the corner of 14th Avenue and Jefferson Street in Poughkeepsie, New York, between the hours of 2pm and 3pm on Wednesday, November 24.
2. If you mispronounce Poughkeepsie, you will be immediately sent home.
- Ken Johnson reviewed Eileen Sisk’s Buck Owens – The Biography for My Kind of Country, and included details of the topics covered, from Owens’ constant parade of groupies to the death of Don Rich. The A.V. Club’s Nathan Rabin covered Buck Owens, too, in his latest Nashville or Bust column.
- UPDATE: Don’t miss Barry Mazor’s take on the Buck bio here on The 9513.
- Just about every piece of equipment Keith Urban owned was damaged when Nashville flooded, but there was one guitar that did survive:
Fittingly, the only guitar Urban didn’t lose was the one with a lot of personal meaning. That guitar was owned by Waylon Jennings and was a gift from Kidman, who surprised him with it. He wrote two songs on the album with it: “Right on Back to You” and “Georgia Woods.”
- Big & Rich aren’t done, yet.
- In his review of the new Lacy J. Dalton album, Here’s to Hank, Ben Foster notes that for the most part Dalton doesn’t dig beyond the standards, but that’s not a knock on her performances, which he describes as a great singer paying homage. Final verdict: 8/10.
- It’s about time again for year-end lists. What were your favorite albums of 2010.
- luckyoldsun: MH-- "...divisive, dismissive and argumentative." There's a shock. Who'da thunk it.
- MH: Looks like the IBMA is finding out what a lot of us already knew about former & frequent Engine 145 …
- Tom: ...it is almost the year 2015 - ain't it about time we leave people (celebrities included) having the personal relations …
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.