Eddie Montgomery Announces Divorce; ‘Billboard’ Covers Miranda Lambert; ‘The Guitar Song’ Goes Gold
- Eddie Montgomery broke the news that he’s getting a divorce via Twitter this morning. The comments have since been deleted, but not before Country Music Is Love was able to report the news.
“U find out u got cancer then u found out ur wife can’t handle that so she seek of and files for a divorce ,,, merry christmas,” he tweeted around 7:40 am today.
He went on to say…”She says she’s a Christian wow…I think I need to get her a braclet what would Jesus do cause I hope he still here with me”
Update: GAC has more details.
- Jamey Johnson‘s double-disc album The Guitar Song was certified gold by the RIAA a couple of weeks ago.
- Bluegrass songwriter Leroy Drumm passed away at his home last Friday.
- Watch Little Big Town‘s new video for “Kiss Goodbye.”
- Singer-songwriter Jeremy Steding made two of his previous releases, A Damn Good Ride and Whiskey Songs and Prison Songs, available as free downloads.
- In the latest Billboard cover story, Sony Music Nashville chief Gary Overton commented on Miranda Lambert‘s finely-tuned musical instincts:
“There are temptations to do more ‘radio-friendly’ things and she’ll say, ‘That’s not why I do what I do.’ She wants songs of substance, whether it’s a song she’s written or an incredible song like ‘The House That Built Me,’ ” he says. “You could play her a song that would probably be a hit for 10 people on Music Row and she might say, ‘That’s definitely a hit, but that’s really not a song I would do.’ She knows that difference.”
- Paste’s list of the 50 best albums of 2010 includes Jamey Johnson, Elizabeth Cook, and Justin Townes Earle.
- For week 48 of Nashville or Bust, Nathan Rabin turned contemporary with Brad Paisley.
- The Zac Brown Band visited the Aol studios for a special, four-song performance and Q&A. Watch the videos here.
- When Lucinda Williams releases her next album, Blessed, next March, fans will be able to pick up a deluxe edition that comes with a bonus disc of demos for each track.
- Bluegrass bands Jett’s Creek and Chris Jones & The Night Drivers released new Christmas songs. The Jett’s Creek song, “From My Broken Heart To You,” can be streamed at The Bluegrass Blog, while the Jones song, “Kentucky Noel” (a collaboration with Tom T. and Dixie Hall), can be previewed at the band’s website.
- For the month of December, My Kind of Country plans to highlight Sugarland‘s transition into country music’s top duo over the past six years.
- Rock critic Adam Gold thinks Willie Nelson damages his cred by collaborating with Jessica Simpson.
- Craig Shelburne recapped some of the comments from the CMT Artists of the Year taping last night, which will air on Friday.
Here’s San Antonio band Emory Quinn performing a song titled “The Road Company.”
- Paige: Oh damn. :( I never commented here and I haven't been listening to any music at all since Thanksgiving (it …
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …