Dunn, Lambert Announce New Albums; “Seven Spanish Angels” Used as Evidence in Murder Trial; New Music Videos
- It looks as if Bill Monroe and Tammy Wynette may be on their very own postage stamps in the future.
- Jewly Hight interviewed Eleni Mandell about her new album, Let’s Fly a Kite, for CMT Edge. An excerpt: “It’s really hard to express how much it meant to hear other people do my songs — and do them so well and from such a loving place. Also, my peers that I really respect, to have their respect … it made me feel legitimate because I’ve never had mainstream success in the music business.”
- Brad Paisley collaborated with The Doobie Brothers during Sony Music Nashville’s CRS concert aboard the General Jackson showboat.
- Watch Little Big Town and George Strait perform “You Look So Good in Love” together.
- A tragic accident killed one and injured seven members of the film crew shooting a scene on a railroad trestle for the Gregg Allman biopic, Midnight Rider.
- Blake Shelton unveiled 22 dates for his Ten Times Crazier Tour.
- Miranda Lambert’s next album will be called Platinum.
- Actress/singer Lucy Hale will release her debut album, Road Between, on June 3.
- Ben Briley, a top 13 contestant on this season of American Idol, has country roots. His great-grandmother, Kitty Cora Cline, was the first female soloist to perform on the Grand Ole Opry.
- Scott Borchetta is keeping it classy.
- Dolly Parton split from Porter Wagoner 40 years ago this month.
- The piquant C.M. Wilcox shines a spotlight on web series Searching for Taylor Swift.
- Ronnie Dunn’s new album, Peace Love and Country Music, drops on April 8. You can listen to “Romeo and Juliet” here.
- Meet Palmer Lee.
- Dierks Bentley to Peter Cooper: “Riser is the cornerstone of the record. That’s the guy I’d like to be. Like my dad. I look out in the crowd every night and see regular folks who have to get up, take kids to school and pay bills under tremendous economic stress. It’s that idea of rising up for these times, of being a rock for your family. Of being a real man with real responsibilities.”
- Ray Charles and Willie Nelson’s “Seven Spanish Angels” has been entered as evidence in a murder trial.
- Krystal Keith performed “Down Into Muddy Water” on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson last week.
- Chris Janson will be releasing an EP called Take It to the Bank on February 25.
- New music videos from the past week or so:
Dierks Bentley – “Bourbon in Kentucky”
O’Shea – “It Never Goes Away”
The Infamous Stringdusters – “Let It Go”
Cassadee Pope – “I Wish I Could Break Your Heart”
Liza Anne – “The Colder Months”
Brothers Osborne – “Let’s Go There”
Blake Shelton – “Doin’ What She Likes”
Little Big Town – “Sober”
Rascal Flatts – “Rewind”
Rosanne Cash – “Etta’s Tune”
Amelia White – “Ghetto”
Katie Brianna – “Dark Side of the Morning”
Livy Jeanne – “Wrong Side of the Dirt”
Sundy Best – “Until I Met You”
The Black Lillies – “Smokestack Lady”
Scott Miller – “How Am I Ever Gonna Be Me?”
Susan Toney – “The Trail of Light and Dark”
Stone Jack Jones – “Petey’s Song”
I Draw Slow – “Valentine”
- Bobby P.: Thanks for the link to my one hit wonder article!
- Leeann: I'm glad you reviewed this album. I think your rating is what I'd give it too. It's a good album, …
- luckyoldsun: That Bobby Bare/Bill Parsons story has been often told, but I still don't quite understand how two then-nobodies could go …
- Leeann: The Jack Clement album is quite good!
- Donald: "Ryan Adams announced .... the August 19 release of “1984,'" Which, I'm told, is the fifteen years later update of his …
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …