Don’t Make Gretchen Wilson Take Her Earrings Out
- Gretchen Wilson‘s new single will be released on April 20.
- Former Opry general manager and longtime announcer Hal Durham died at his home this weekend at the age of 77.
- Country Weekly‘s Chris Neal says the most captivating track on Words & Music Nashville, a sampler album of Nashville songwriters, is the most unusual: “‘Bullets,’ Lisa Carver’s stark six-and-a-half-minute meditation on the helplessness of a killer without consciousness.”
- Alan Light interviewed and profiled Keith Urban for The New York Times.
There’s a new eclecticism in country music, he said, making his range no big deal. “This genre has always seen the pendulum swinging, between embracing pop and discarding it, or grabbing at tradition,” he said, “but I think now people are recognizing that country is a very broad genre.
“What I’ve always wanted is that when people ask ‘What music do you play?’ and I say, ‘Country music,’ they say: ‘Oh, yeah? What kind?’ ”
- This week’s edition of “Quotable Country” covers a lot of ground, from John Rich to Merle Haggard to Robert Earl Keen and Vince Gill.
- Watch new videos for Trace Adkins‘ “Marry for Money” and Kellie Pickler‘s “Best Days of Your Life” featuring Taylor Swift.
- Country Universe’s Lynn Douglas asked: What are some albums you hate by artists you love?
- The Texas Music Matters crew beat out entries from ABC, CBS, NBC and scores of national producers across the nation to win National Headliners awards for best documentary and radio grand prize for “Amazing Grace: the Story of Willie Nelson.” Michael Corcoran posted a link to listen to the hour-long documentary online.
- Keith Urban shared his views on digital downloading in an interview with CMT Insider‘s Katie Cook.
- My Kind of Country dubbed Dolly Parton‘s 1973 album My Tennessee Mountain Home essential listening for any country music fan.
- NPR posted a performance from Shelby Lynne on Mountain Stage back in November.
- Eric Church, Phosophorecent and Justin Townes Earle are among the artists with new albums on Farce the Music’s top ten list for the first quarter of 2009.
- Ashlie Kolb interviewed Becky, Emily & Joanna Robertson–the trio of sisters from Carter’s Chord–in the newest episode of Nashville at Nite.
- Don’t forget to continue checking out the New American Voices tour website. Drew and Rodney both blogged about their recent house concert, calling it one of their all-time favorites, and eating shrimp and cheese grits.
- Elizabeth Linder: I love sitting by a bond fire with my husband making s'mores and drinking hot chocolate.
- Jeremy Dylan: One might say that a good way to pay tribute to RCA Studio a would be to not demolish it …
- willard willams: Oct. 10, as that is our wedding anniversary. Will be 50 years and I still remember.
- Both Kinds of Music: What an excellent team-up.
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.