Don Williams to Release New Album; Earl Scruggs Center Opens; New Music Videos
- Don Williams will release a new album, Reflections, on Sugar Hill Records March 11. It will include some songs written by Townes Van Zandt, Merle Haggard and Jesse Winchester.
- Jack Ingram has signed a new deal with Blaster Records and plans to release two albums this year.
- The meritorious C.M. Wilcox put up another Quotable Country at Country California.
- Listen to “She Used to Love Me a Lot” from Johnny Cash’s “lost” album Out Among the Stars, which will be released on March 25.
- Matt Kennon announced on his Facebook page that he will be releasing a new EP on February 4.
- Steel Magnolia’s Joshua Scott Jones has a brand new single called “Honk (If You’re Tonky).” His solo album, The Healing, comes out later this year.
- Jennifer Nettles on working with Rick Rubin: “It’s one of those things when I think the simplest answer is the right one…I love how he is so focused on a song. People talk about that a lot in country music, ‘It’s all about the song, it’s all about the song.’ It’s all about the song everywhere. (Rubin) is so song-conscious, and from the beginning, our dialogue was always all about the song.”
- The strange case of John Rich’s stalker goes to a grand jury.
- Easton Corbin released a new single called “Clockwork.”
- Add Trace Adkins to the list of artists who have canceled their scheduled Sea World concerts.
- The Earl Scruggs Center: Music & Stories From the American South opened in Shelby, North Carolina. Here’s Peter Cooper’s take on it.
- Terry Poirer joined The Spinney Brothers as their new bass player.
- On Saving Country Music: 10 Badass Willie Nelson Moments.
- Country artist and songwriter James House is starting a new label called Victor House Records.
- Hee Haw: The Musical is coming to Broadway with a score composed by Shane McAnally and Brandy Clark.
- Watch Jason Isbell and Neko Case on Austin City Limits.
- Check out “Make Up,” Ronnie Milsap’s new duet with Mandy Barnett.
- New music videos from the past week or so:
Jason Sturgeon – “Angel Eyes”
Matt Bacnis Band – “Southern Belle”
Katie Armiger – “Safe”
Lucy Hale – “You Sound Good to Me”
Austin Lucas – “Alone in Memphis”
Swear and Shake – “Fire”
The Rigneys – “Double or Nothing”
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.