Don Williams to Release New Album; Earl Scruggs Center Opens; New Music Videos
- Don Williams will release a new album, Reflections, on Sugar Hill Records March 11. It will include some songs written by Townes Van Zandt, Merle Haggard and Jesse Winchester.
- Jack Ingram has signed a new deal with Blaster Records and plans to release two albums this year.
- The meritorious C.M. Wilcox put up another Quotable Country at Country California.
- Listen to “She Used to Love Me a Lot” from Johnny Cash’s “lost” album Out Among the Stars, which will be released on March 25.
- Matt Kennon announced on his Facebook page that he will be releasing a new EP on February 4.
- Steel Magnolia’s Joshua Scott Jones has a brand new single called “Honk (If You’re Tonky).” His solo album, The Healing, comes out later this year.
- Jennifer Nettles on working with Rick Rubin: “It’s one of those things when I think the simplest answer is the right one…I love how he is so focused on a song. People talk about that a lot in country music, ‘It’s all about the song, it’s all about the song.’ It’s all about the song everywhere. (Rubin) is so song-conscious, and from the beginning, our dialogue was always all about the song.”
- The strange case of John Rich’s stalker goes to a grand jury.
- Easton Corbin released a new single called “Clockwork.”
- Add Trace Adkins to the list of artists who have canceled their scheduled Sea World concerts.
- The Earl Scruggs Center: Music & Stories From the American South opened in Shelby, North Carolina. Here’s Peter Cooper’s take on it.
- Terry Poirer joined The Spinney Brothers as their new bass player.
- On Saving Country Music: 10 Badass Willie Nelson Moments.
- Country artist and songwriter James House is starting a new label called Victor House Records.
- Hee Haw: The Musical is coming to Broadway with a score composed by Shane McAnally and Brandy Clark.
- Watch Jason Isbell and Neko Case on Austin City Limits.
- Check out “Make Up,” Ronnie Milsap’s new duet with Mandy Barnett.
- New music videos from the past week or so:
Jason Sturgeon – “Angel Eyes”
Matt Bacnis Band – “Southern Belle”
Katie Armiger – “Safe”
Lucy Hale – “You Sound Good to Me”
Austin Lucas – “Alone in Memphis”
Swear and Shake – “Fire”
The Rigneys – “Double or Nothing”
- Jack: "I got turned off a not so new guy’s music after he started recording songs like “Get Drunk and Be …
- A.B.: I think I understand why the eating disorder facility wants to be located there besides it being the former Cash …
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.