Don Williams to Release New Album; Earl Scruggs Center Opens; New Music Videos
- Don Williams will release a new album, Reflections, on Sugar Hill Records March 11. It will include some songs written by Townes Van Zandt, Merle Haggard and Jesse Winchester.
- Jack Ingram has signed a new deal with Blaster Records and plans to release two albums this year.
- The meritorious C.M. Wilcox put up another Quotable Country at Country California.
- Listen to “She Used to Love Me a Lot” from Johnny Cash’s “lost” album Out Among the Stars, which will be released on March 25.
- Matt Kennon announced on his Facebook page that he will be releasing a new EP on February 4.
- Steel Magnolia’s Joshua Scott Jones has a brand new single called “Honk (If You’re Tonky).” His solo album, The Healing, comes out later this year.
- Jennifer Nettles on working with Rick Rubin: “It’s one of those things when I think the simplest answer is the right one…I love how he is so focused on a song. People talk about that a lot in country music, ‘It’s all about the song, it’s all about the song.’ It’s all about the song everywhere. (Rubin) is so song-conscious, and from the beginning, our dialogue was always all about the song.”
- The strange case of John Rich’s stalker goes to a grand jury.
- Easton Corbin released a new single called “Clockwork.”
- Add Trace Adkins to the list of artists who have canceled their scheduled Sea World concerts.
- The Earl Scruggs Center: Music & Stories From the American South opened in Shelby, North Carolina. Here’s Peter Cooper’s take on it.
- Terry Poirer joined The Spinney Brothers as their new bass player.
- On Saving Country Music: 10 Badass Willie Nelson Moments.
- Country artist and songwriter James House is starting a new label called Victor House Records.
- Hee Haw: The Musical is coming to Broadway with a score composed by Shane McAnally and Brandy Clark.
- Watch Jason Isbell and Neko Case on Austin City Limits.
- Check out “Make Up,” Ronnie Milsap’s new duet with Mandy Barnett.
- New music videos from the past week or so:
Jason Sturgeon – “Angel Eyes”
Matt Bacnis Band – “Southern Belle”
Katie Armiger – “Safe”
Lucy Hale – “You Sound Good to Me”
Austin Lucas – “Alone in Memphis”
Swear and Shake – “Fire”
The Rigneys – “Double or Nothing”
- june wommack: Just love DonWilliamsMy daught is named after him. My favorite song Amanda and middle name id Dawn of course after …
- henry: Aikou and NM: Yes, Duane was a huge fan of the Lord of the Rings and took her name from …
- nm: Aikou, anyone in the US who hadn't read LoTR at the time when Galadrielle was born was hopelessly out of …
- Aikou: I'm honestly wondering how Duane came up with Galadrielle as a name for his daughter, I'm assuming he probably was …
- Paul W Dennis: I like the song, although it does not compare with his best efforts. Don, of course, is always a supremely …
- Diane Reiten: Once a Don Williams fan...always a Don Williams fan....with his voice this man can do no wrong!!!
- bruce: If there is one thing Don Williams seems incapable of doing, it is putting out a bad song or album. …
- Sandi Price: Can't wait for the entire CD. Will see him a couple weeks in Shippensburg, PA and hope we can …
- LINDA SCALES: REALLY LIKE IT
- TX Music Jim: To me the point is freedom of the press the review should not have been censored. I dislike Aldean's music …