Dierks Bentley’s Miles & Music For Kids; Jack Ingram Refocuses; The SteelDrivers Schedule Second Release
- Dierks Bentley is heading to Billy Bob’s Texas in Fort Worth on Sunday for his Miles & Music for Kids concert. Brandon Rhyder, Kristen Kelly & The Modern Day Drifters, and Roger Creager will be there, and even though Jack Ingram, Stoney LaRue, and Eli Young Band aren’t officially listed, DC9 at Night’s Daniel Hopkins expects them to perform too.
- Preview two of the tracks from the new Rodney Hayden album, Tavern of Poets (May 4).
- The Tennessean‘s Nicole Keiper recapped Wednesday night’s Ramble at the Ryman with Levon Helms and friends.
- Laura Bell Bundy, Zac Brown, Joe Nichols, and more are matched with their lookalikes in Farce the Music’s second round of country doppelgängers.
- In an interview on EW.com’s Music Mix, Jack Ingram told Whitney Pastorek that his sales aren’t where he wants them to be and he’s not headlining yet, so in en effort to refocus and separate himself from “Artist #17″ he’s returning to smaller venues to create a deeper connection with his fans.
I don’t want to be just another pretty boy. And I think without learning how to differentiate myself from that… Maybe until now, people really don’t know the difference between me and Pretty Boy #4. So there’s a lot of confusing things about me. What I’m trying to do is create some focus. Like, Here’s the kind of artist that I am. These big shows — I enjoy watching them. But that’s not the kind of artist I want to be.
- Even Kenny Chesney, Mr. Big-Time Headliner, found it hard to connect, but instead of returning to smaller venues he decided to take a break.
- Austin Music Source posted a brief Q&A with Dierks Bentley that covers his new album, its supporting tour, and performing with The Travelin McCourys.
- The SteelDrivers second release, Reckless, is scheduled for Sept. 9.
- Songs:Illinois dubs the Adam Carroll and Michael O’Connor album Hard Times the Texas record of the year thus far.
- Chet Flippo laments the lack of new music that blows listeners away in his latest Nashville Skyline column, but also allows that some solid music is still being released, such as the latest albums from Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard.
- Live music from NPR: Emmylou Harris and Buddy Miller on World Cafe and Darrell Scott on Mountain Stage.
- The Austin Chronicle recapped sets from Patty Griffin, Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, and The Infamous Stringdusters at Old Settler’s Music Festival last weekend.
- Free Download: Skaggs Family Records is giving away a download of “Live It,” the first single from Cherryholmes IV: Common Threads.
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.