Dierks Bentley’s Miles & Music For Kids; Jack Ingram Refocuses; The SteelDrivers Schedule Second Release
- Dierks Bentley is heading to Billy Bob’s Texas in Fort Worth on Sunday for his Miles & Music for Kids concert. Brandon Rhyder, Kristen Kelly & The Modern Day Drifters, and Roger Creager will be there, and even though Jack Ingram, Stoney LaRue, and Eli Young Band aren’t officially listed, DC9 at Night’s Daniel Hopkins expects them to perform too.
- Preview two of the tracks from the new Rodney Hayden album, Tavern of Poets (May 4).
- The Tennessean‘s Nicole Keiper recapped Wednesday night’s Ramble at the Ryman with Levon Helms and friends.
- Laura Bell Bundy, Zac Brown, Joe Nichols, and more are matched with their lookalikes in Farce the Music’s second round of country doppelgängers.
- In an interview on EW.com’s Music Mix, Jack Ingram told Whitney Pastorek that his sales aren’t where he wants them to be and he’s not headlining yet, so in en effort to refocus and separate himself from “Artist #17″ he’s returning to smaller venues to create a deeper connection with his fans.
I don’t want to be just another pretty boy. And I think without learning how to differentiate myself from that… Maybe until now, people really don’t know the difference between me and Pretty Boy #4. So there’s a lot of confusing things about me. What I’m trying to do is create some focus. Like, Here’s the kind of artist that I am. These big shows — I enjoy watching them. But that’s not the kind of artist I want to be.
- Even Kenny Chesney, Mr. Big-Time Headliner, found it hard to connect, but instead of returning to smaller venues he decided to take a break.
- Austin Music Source posted a brief Q&A with Dierks Bentley that covers his new album, its supporting tour, and performing with The Travelin McCourys.
- The SteelDrivers second release, Reckless, is scheduled for Sept. 9.
- Songs:Illinois dubs the Adam Carroll and Michael O’Connor album Hard Times the Texas record of the year thus far.
- Chet Flippo laments the lack of new music that blows listeners away in his latest Nashville Skyline column, but also allows that some solid music is still being released, such as the latest albums from Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard.
- Live music from NPR: Emmylou Harris and Buddy Miller on World Cafe and Darrell Scott on Mountain Stage.
- The Austin Chronicle recapped sets from Patty Griffin, Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, and The Infamous Stringdusters at Old Settler’s Music Festival last weekend.
- Free Download: Skaggs Family Records is giving away a download of “Live It,” the first single from Cherryholmes IV: Common Threads.
- Leeann Ward: Way to go to David Cantwell for getting a name drop! Great interview, Juli! Womack's new album is awesome! I've not always …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: Great interview as always, Juli! The new album is fantastic. "Same Kind of Different" is my favorite cut although "Fly" is …
- Dave D.: Good interview. Looking forward to the new record, and particularly interested in hearing her version of Brennen Leigh's "Sleeping with …
- nm: I guess it's not surprising that a singer who gets her songs all over the place, the way Womack does, …
- SunsetPark: As a Pennsylvanian to this day, thanks for the list. I haven't heard the Quecreek song and so can't …
- Paul W Dennis: I would urge readers to check out the Billy Edd Wheeler salute on October 18, 2014. Billy Edd Wheeler is …
- Leeann Ward: I'm really liking Pink's folk duo song! I'm looking forward to the album!
- Donald: LOS, you made me giggle. Thank you.
- luckyoldsun: An in related news, an E.P.A. inspector is preparing to slap the cuffs on Nancy Jones tomorrow.
- luckyoldsun: Looks like old Lynn is not done saying "I beg your pardon..."