December 2009 Mailbag: What Key Does Garth Brooks Sing In?
What key does Garth Brooks sing in?
Florida doesn’t pay enough to bring Garth out of semi-retirement. — Karlie
What key do you prefer and how much are you willing to pay? Also, is a private jet included as part of the offer? — CMW
Where does Big Kenny live?
He was born in Big Beaver, PA, but then spent time in Bigfoot, TX, Big Horn Basin, WY and Big Flats, NY before settling down in Dinkytown, MN. — Ken
What brand of cowboy hat does John Rich wear?
Oversized. — CMW
We’d ask him, but don’t want to get a beer bottle to the face. — Juli
Why doesn’t Jason Aldean ever take his hat off?
He’s seen Alan Jackson and Tim McGraw with their hats off, and it ain’t pretty. — Karlie
It makes his earrings stand out. — Juli
That’s the only thing country about him. — CMW
Does Taylor Swift like Carrie Underwood?
Taylor Swift can not even sing and she is not country and her only fans are silly teenagers and she remixes her songs to pop radio and she’s only popular because of the whole Kanye thing. — Blake
Carrie Underwood can not even write a song and she’s not country, “Cowboy Casanova” is like bad pop music and and she’s only popular because she was on American Idol and Simon made her! — Jim
What is Lady Antebellum’s real name?
Doug T. Poindexter. He only uses Lady Antebellum when he goes to the local bar’s Drag Queen Night with his friend Bobbi. — Karlie
How did Gloriana get their name?
Who is G-g-g-g-g-g-loriana? — Lady Gaga
Gloriaestefan was already taken. — Juli
They thought up the dumbest name they could, then tried to top it. — CMW
Addendum: However, they forgot the crucial step of insisting that it be spelled out in ALL CAPS. — CMW
Who played pedal steel for Wynn Stewart?
Ralph Mooney, also the originator of the popular Southern delicacy known as the mooneypie. — CMW
Who wrote “People Are Crazy?”
Doug Supernaw and Daron Norwood — Sam
What is Wayman’s song?
Only the best, most heartfelt, honest and perfect song ever written. And if you don’t like it, you’ve clearly never lost a loved one, and you might be racist, too. — Every Toby Keith fan who’s ever commented on The 9513
What are some good sad songs for your dad?
“I Can’t Find a Job and am Moving Back Home” by the Class of 09. — Juli
“Dad Gave My Dog Away” by T. Texas Tyler — Ken
What are some songs about men who don’t appreciate their women?
“I’m So Miserable Without You, It’s Almost Like Having You Here” by Stephen Bishop
“You Can’t Have Your Kate and Edith Too” by The Statler Brothers
“All I Want For You (Is Away)” by Loretta Lynn
“How Can I Miss You When You Won’t Go Away” by Dan Hicks — Ken
Anything that Taylor Swift has ever written. — Sam
“Delia’s Gone” and “Knoxville Girl” both fit the bill. — CMW
What is Joe Diffie doing now?
Fondly remembering the days of the Mullet Renaissance. — Sam
Submitting mailbag questions to The 9513. — CMW
What kind of shampoo does Carrie Underwood use?
Something wholesome, pure and bland, no doubt. — Sam
She soaks her flaxen locks in the blood of infidels. — CMW
The 9513’s undercover reporter Mike Fisher is working on the answer to this critical piece of background on Ms. Underwood as we speak. — Ken
Who sings better as a memory?
I remember when Carrie’s voice sounded so sweet and pure to me, but hearing her now reminds me that she broke my heart and crushed my dreams. Yes, my secret is out…darn you Mike Fisher! — Jim
What was Carrie Underwood’s real last name?
What?! You mean we don’t know her last name? Her mama will be so ashamed. — Blake
Does Tennessee like Billy Ray Cyrus?
It thought “Achey Breaky Heart” was pretty catchy, but it has the common sense to not admit it in public. — Sam
Why did Chad Kroeger change his name?
He figured he’d have a tough go of it as Douchey McDoucherson. — CMW
Because “Bucky Covington” is a completely unmarketable name. — Sam
Where can I listen to Gary Allan learning how to bend?
In his yoga class. – Sam
Who sang people crazy?
Elvis Presley. — CMW
What is the vocal range of Terri Clark?
From Nashville all the way back to Canada. — Blake
Who can sing “Alright” by Darius Rucker?
Anyone with poor taste. — CMW
- Paige: Oh damn. :( I never commented here and I haven't been listening to any music at all since Thanksgiving (it …
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …