Dale Watson Interview, CMT Music Award Tidbits, And Brad Paisley Talks About “Ticks”
- Richard Skanse at Lone Star Music has a candidly amusing interview with Dale Watson. Watson talks about making his latest album in Johnny Cash’s old cabin, what it’s like being friends with Johnny Knoxville, and his knowledge of real country music.
Yeah, but … what happens when Kenny Chesney produces a Willie Nelson record? Is that Ameripolitan?
Is that a joke?
No, that’s the truth. It’s happening. Honest.
[ Long pause .] Oh, man. You just ruined my day.
- Barry Gibb has announced that he and his wife will leave the foundation to the Cash home intact and build their new home on higher ground surrounding the previous foundation.
“Linda and I have decided to build our own home on the higher ground surrounding the Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash home, and the original foundations shall be kept intact and preserved for the people of Hendersonville and the people of Nashville. This land is sacred land to all of us here and must be protected forever. To the [Cash and Carter] families, we owe the highest respect and the deepest regret that our dream could not be realized. Now there is a new dream for us and a new beginning.”
- Kevin from Country Universe live-blogged the CMT Music Awards last night, something he refers to as “an astonishingly tasteless evening” and a “crapfest.” Double ouch, CMT.
- The Tennessean touches on the highlight of the night with the Johnny Cash Visionary Award that was presented to Kris Kristofferson.
- USA Today also has a follow-up account of the CMT Music Awards and includes a picture of Carrie Underwood from her performance of “Before He Cheats.”
- Brad Paisley says that turning in “Ticks” to the head honcho at his record label made him a little nervous and has an entertaining story of how it happened.
“I told Kelly, my co-writer, ‘If he loves this, I’m gonna think he’s crazy.’ Brad says. “And then I said, ‘But if he hates this, I’m gonna think he’s crazy.’ And he said, ‘Well, what do you think?’ And I said, ‘I don’t have any idea. I don’t know what he’s gonna say. I think he’s gonna look at us and go ‘Y’all are out of your minds. You’re crazy. You wanna put this out?’
- Update: Here’s the YouTube video of Kris Kristofferson’s inspirational speech after he accepted the Johnny Cash Visionary Award. I’ll update again if I find a video of the full Kristofferson segment.
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …
- chris: That voice singing with Jim Ed is younger sister Bonnie, also a member of the Browns.
- Kev: I saw Jim Ed at the Opry in June and he sounded great then. I certainly look forward to …