Cross Canadian Ragweed to Take Break; Cactus Cafe Partners with KUT-FM; John Fogerty Named BMI Icon
- Cross Canadian Ragweed is going on an indefinite hiatus.
- Willie Nelson on mainstream country music:
In my opinion, it’s a little watered down now. The mainstream country music that I hear–to me, it’s not really country, and it’s not really anything. So it may be pleasing to the ear, and that’s great, but as far as I’m concerned, it’s not country music.
- The Cactus Cafe will live on in a partnership with KUT-FM, Austin’s NPR affiliate.
- John Fogerty was named the BMI Icon at the BMI Awards on on Tuesday night and Taylor Swift picked up a Song of the Year award for “Love Story,” making her the youngest writer to ever receive the award.
- Music Fog: Kevin Welch – “Killing Myself”
- Elizabeth Cook on creating characters with dimensions:
“People are complicated,” Cook says. “One of my pet peeves is for things and people and their thoughts to get so polarized — that something’s all black and white. It’s just not true in our politics. It’s just not true in our music. It’s not true in our feelings. People are complex. I can’t stand to see something just generalized and glossed over. It’s just so insensitive.”
- The Grascals on Mountain Stage.
- Is that Conan’s…nevermind, it’s just Willie‘s finger.
- Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley and the Zac Brown Band have been added to the list of performers at the 2010 CMT Music Awards show on June 9.
- CMT videos:
- The ACM Presents: Brooks & Dunn – The Last Rodeo tribute is this Sunday on CBS.
- MusicRow announced nominees for its 22nd annual awards.
- In an interview with The Boot’s Vernell Hackett, Jamey Johnson talked a little bit about the two albums (Guitar Song I & II) he’ll release later this year and the first single, “My Way To You:”
“It’s about which way he went, and the repercussion from the next decision, until he gets darker and bleaker and is totally lost,” Jamey explains. “He starts putting two and two together on the way out and comes to the conclusion that everything is for the purpose of God and it’s all wrapped in the design of the yin and yang. That’s what it is all about — you live your life for the purpose of God, that’s the conclusion of it all. Yeah, you’re gonna make a bad decision somewhere and they’re gonna come back and haunt you. That’s OK, that’s part of life, too. That’s the message of this album.”
Music Fog: Sam Baker – “Slots”
- Dave D.: I never expected to see a shout out to the Cameron Family Singers today (or any day, for that matter). …
- nm: Duncan Cooper is not wrong.
- bob: Re Herndon, O'Neal & Griggs touring together, Herndon's "Lies I Told Myself Album" includes a duet with O'Neal, "I Can't". …
- luckyoldsun: Looks like CMT is pulling a "surprise" for its Artists' Choice countdown. They're coming up on #2 but there are …
- Jim Z: " Luke Bryan (Best Country Male Artist), Brantley Gilbert’s Just as I Am (Best Country Album), Carrie Underwood (Best Country …
- luckyoldsun: MH-- "...divisive, dismissive and argumentative." There's a shock. Who'da thunk it.
- MH: Looks like the IBMA is finding out what a lot of us already knew about former & frequent Engine 145 …
- Tom: ...it is almost the year 2015 - ain't it about time we leave people (celebrities included) having the personal relations …
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …