Cross Canadian Ragweed to Take Break; Cactus Cafe Partners with KUT-FM; John Fogerty Named BMI Icon
- Cross Canadian Ragweed is going on an indefinite hiatus.
- Willie Nelson on mainstream country music:
In my opinion, it’s a little watered down now. The mainstream country music that I hear–to me, it’s not really country, and it’s not really anything. So it may be pleasing to the ear, and that’s great, but as far as I’m concerned, it’s not country music.
- The Cactus Cafe will live on in a partnership with KUT-FM, Austin’s NPR affiliate.
- John Fogerty was named the BMI Icon at the BMI Awards on on Tuesday night and Taylor Swift picked up a Song of the Year award for “Love Story,” making her the youngest writer to ever receive the award.
- Music Fog: Kevin Welch – “Killing Myself”
- Elizabeth Cook on creating characters with dimensions:
“People are complicated,” Cook says. “One of my pet peeves is for things and people and their thoughts to get so polarized — that something’s all black and white. It’s just not true in our politics. It’s just not true in our music. It’s not true in our feelings. People are complex. I can’t stand to see something just generalized and glossed over. It’s just so insensitive.”
- The Grascals on Mountain Stage.
- Is that Conan’s…nevermind, it’s just Willie‘s finger.
- Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley and the Zac Brown Band have been added to the list of performers at the 2010 CMT Music Awards show on June 9.
- CMT videos:
- The ACM Presents: Brooks & Dunn – The Last Rodeo tribute is this Sunday on CBS.
- MusicRow announced nominees for its 22nd annual awards.
- In an interview with The Boot’s Vernell Hackett, Jamey Johnson talked a little bit about the two albums (Guitar Song I & II) he’ll release later this year and the first single, “My Way To You:”
“It’s about which way he went, and the repercussion from the next decision, until he gets darker and bleaker and is totally lost,” Jamey explains. “He starts putting two and two together on the way out and comes to the conclusion that everything is for the purpose of God and it’s all wrapped in the design of the yin and yang. That’s what it is all about — you live your life for the purpose of God, that’s the conclusion of it all. Yeah, you’re gonna make a bad decision somewhere and they’re gonna come back and haunt you. That’s OK, that’s part of life, too. That’s the message of this album.”
Music Fog: Sam Baker – “Slots”
- Paul W Dennis: MLB playoffs and the weather here in Florida finally cooling off a little. Also we get the Palatka Bluegrass Festival …
- Tony Branscomb: Peaceful Quiet Days In The Woods Watching Wildlife Playing.
- jenny patrick: my favorite part of autumn is the smell of a bonfire to roast weiners and marshmallows on .
- jeanie kinman: My favorite part of Autumn is all the festivals with bands playing Bluegrass music..Come on down to Ky Joe Mullins …
- Keith Saterwhite: My favorite part of Autumn are the beautiful colors on the trees, here in the foothills of the Blueridge Mountains.
- phillip Martinez: Thanks Joe, for always the great music.
- Martin DeSimio: Fresh apple cider.
- Jessica Whited: My favorite part of autumn is the chance to have bonfires with my friends and family.
- Sandy Kapphahn: Love the fall colors!
- Erik North: Caitlin Rose has become one of my favorite female singers of any genre in this century; and I think her …