Craig Morgan Retaliates; Jason Aldean Goes Gold; Phil Vassar Releases Video For ‘Bobbi’
- Craig Morgan rags on Blake Shelton in a new video that shows him reading a poem he wrote in response to a poem Shelton wrote earlier this year poking fun at his hair. In one line of the poem Morgan reads, “Don’t be discouraged when your girlfriend sells more records than you. I mean seriously, without her what would you do?” Burn. (via NashvilleGab)
- Watch the video premier for Phil Vassar’s “Bobbi With An I.”
- The Austin Chronicle‘s Doug Freeman says Steve Earle dedicated the first half of his nearly two-hour show at the Paramount last Friday to Townes Van Zandt tunes.
- The alternative/indie rock band Lemonheads did a respectable job covering Townes Van Zandt‘s “Waitin’ Around to Die.”
- After 10 weeks, Jason Aldean reached gold status with his album Wide Open, a mark he didn’t reach until 12 weeks with his first two albums.
- Cricket from Froggy 97! on newer artists:
Who will become a household name? Who is destined for the Country Music Hall of Fame? Which newcomers will collect honors and awards galore?
If there’s any justice in the music biz, Jason Aldean will be one of them.
- Chet Flippo thanked Brad Paisley in his latest Nashville Skyline column for ten years of music and for doing his part “to keep the music on track, to keep it country, to keep it from veering off into impossible ventures into bombastic pop country and to keep it from turning into a cartoon version of itself.”
- Gloriana has a new video for “The Way It Goes,” which was shot on the road while on tour with Taylor Swift.
- Sean L. Maloney knew Those Darlins before they reached their current level of obscurity and for that he deserves extra hip points.
- Ken Tucker shared stories of his two brushes with Garth Brooks.
- Bob Lefsetz praised Buddy Miller‘s performance at The Greek Theater on Wednesday night where he played with Emmylou Harris, Shawn Colvin and Patty Griffin as part of their Three Girls and Their Buddy tour. Mikael Wood reviewed the same show for The Los Angeles Times.
- Farce the Music has a new song, “All White,” a parody of Darius Rucker‘s “Alright.”
- In a review of Beautiful Day, The Austin Chronicle‘s Margaret Moser says Charlie Robison is challenging brother Bruce in the Texas songwriters sweepstakes.
- Craig Shelburne shared a playlist of recent songs from independent artists.
- Aaron Watson is scheduled to record a live album and DVD tomorrow in Waco. The project, titled Deep In The Heart Of Texas: Aaron Watson Live, will be released September 15.
- Country California is celebrating its first anniversary with a mega giveaway — seven albums from Charlie Robison, Chuck Mead, Holly Williams and more will go to seven different winners.
- luckyoldsun: If they're only allowed one modern inductee per year in the H-o-F, then there's a backlog developing. You have Skaggs, …
- Leeann Ward: I'm not an ETC fan, but I do love "Brotherly Love" with Keith Whitley.
- luckyoldsun: It's got to be "What I'd Say." (I think that's the title.) There was some question, I believe, over whether …
- Paul W Dennis: probably "Nobody Falls Like A Fool" or "Silent Treatment"
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Where in heck's name is "That Was A Close One"?!?!? It's the guy's best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrR_2rXiKA0
- Cody: Love seeing ETC getting some credit! My five, in no particular order at first; Crowd Around the Corner Home So Fine I Have …
- Juli Thanki: I think it's technically a Keith Whitley song, but I've always been fond of his duet with ETC, "Brotherly Love."
- luckyoldsun: Lots of very good artists have not had anywhere near the radio play and hits that Lee Ann Womack has …
- Hard Times: Just read Jewly Hight's feature on Womack. I couldn't believe Womack has had only a half dozen or so Top …
- Barry Mazor: Leeann, Im not surprised about your sister's response--or that, for many, Garth Brooks now equals the ancient days of country …