Country Music Hall of Fame Announces Inductees: Jimmy Dean, Ferlin Husky, Don Williams, and Billy Sherrill
- Jimmy Dean, Ferlin Husky, Don Williams, and Billy Sherrill were announced as the newest members to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame.
New releases for the week of February 23, 2010 include:
- Alan Jackson‘s Freight Train Tour kicks off April 8 in Estero, Florida and he’s bringing Josh Turner and Chris Young along for the ride.
- In an interview with American Songwriter, David Nail explains the personal history behind his song “Missouri,” which he recorded in his AS session along with “Mississippi,” “Clouds,” and “I’m About to Come Alive.”
- The new Infamous Stringdusters album Things That Fly won’t be released until April 20, but The Bluegrass Blog has previews for three of the songs along with comments from the songwriters.
- Whitney Duncan‘s debut album Right Road Now will be released exclusively on her website and iTunes on April 20.
- CMT’s Edward Morris recapped the Country Music Hall of Fame panel “The Kid’s Got Talent: Child Stardom in the Music Business,” which featured Brenda Lee, Marty Stuart, and Tanya Tucker.
- Brendan Benson teamed up with Ashley Monroe for the latest edition of Lake Fever Sessions. (via The Tennessean)
- The new red dirt blog Rawhide & Velvet, written by “Rita Ballou,” promises to deliver brutal commentary and biting sarcasm. From the dislcaimer:
Too many of the fans have become brainwashed sheep and have just accepted the fact that their beloved music has become watered down, copycat crap. These bands have started taking themselves way too seriously…Rita is taking a stand.
(via reader email)
- Country California Fake News: Arista Nashville Drops Sarah Jessica Parker (Farce the Music provided an accompanying visual.)
- The Boot has four more of the songs from Sarah Buxton‘s new record available for preview with commentary.
- Garth Brooks announced more Las Vegas dates.
- My Kind of Country: What country singers do you feel have done a particularly good or bad job moonlighting as actors?
- Alt-512 Music Musings posted audio from a recent show at the Cactus Cafe by The Gourds, who mixed favorites and rarities from past albums with Cactus Cafe stories.
- Paige: Oh damn. :( I never commented here and I haven't been listening to any music at all since Thanksgiving (it …
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …