Country Album Sales Increase in 2011; New Music From Emily West; Stream The Little Willies’ New Album
- Stream For the Good Times, the upcoming album from The Little Willies, over at NPR’s music blog.
- Journey and Rascal Flatts are rumored to be doing a CMT Crossroads together in February.
- Peter Cooper did a column on the reinvention of Ronnie Milsap for The Tennessean.
- After her first project was shelved by Capitol Records, Emily West released an independent EP last week to Amazon and iTunes called I Love You, I Hate You. It’s outstanding. Matt Bjorke over at Roughstock agrees.
- Billboard Magazine listed their top 10 country albums of 2011.
- Wade Hayes’ colon cancer surgery went “better than expected” and he’s now resting comfortably at his home.
- The Infamous Stringdusters are more interested in being called “an experience” than a bluegrass band.
- PBS will be on hand taping the Bluegrass Underground’s 2012 kick-off February 24-26. Del McCoury, Vince Gill, Doyle Lawson, The Civil Wars, Jim Lauderdale, The Time Jumpers, Jerry Douglas and Sarah Jarosz will all be in one weekend’s worth of shows.
- Pop star Demi Lovato is the latest Disney icon who is interested in crossing over into country music.
- Can an international star from Brazil crack US country radio? Michel Teló aims to find out.
- New music videos from the past week or so:
Nick 13 – “All Alone”
Aly Cook – “Midnight Sun”
Red Roots – “Double Wide Church”
Christy Angeletti – “Never Been Better”
Jasmine Rae – Lionel Richie’s “All Night Long”
Tenille — “Pictures on a Crooked Wall”
Markus Meier – “Only Human”
Paul Brandt — “I Was There”
Sarah Darling – “Free Falling”
Lindsey Lawler – “Highway Angel”