CMT Music Awards Nominees Announced; Reba Hits 30 Million Album Sales Mark; Music Videos
- Little Big Town announced the CMT Music Award nominations on NBC’s Today this morning. Carrie Underwood leads the pack with five nominations. Check out all the nominees here.
- Jason Aldean, the Zac Brown Band, Lady Antebellum, Blake Shelton, Scotty McCreery and Taylor Swift are among the nominations for the 2012 Billboard Music Awards.
- Bryan White, Larry Stewart, John Berry, Blackhawk, Marty Raybon, Jeannie Seely, Jan Howard, Dallas Frazier and over 20 more are scheduled to appear at a Nashville fundraiser this Wednesday to help offset escalating medical costs for Kevin Sharp. Sharp is best known for his 1996 album Measure of a Man and the chart-topper “Nobody Knows.”
- The Chicago Tribune found Sara Watkins “charming” in her Windy City performance.
- There is only a week left to raise the balance of the funds needed for The Porchlight Sessions bluegrass documentary.
- Joe Bonsall of The Oak Ridge Boys wrote a book for Cracker Barrel.
- George Harrison’s widow and the son of Beatles producer George Martin are going through Harrison’s huge unreleased music archive and will be releasing it to the public starting May 1 with an album of “mostly acoustic demos documenting the early days of Harrison’s solo career.”
- Chuck Wicks’ song “Stealing Cinderella” was the inspiration for a book by a English professor at Washington & Jefferson College.
- Steve Azar has a new release called “American Farmer” that you can hear here.
- Canadian Country Music Hall of Famer and accordion player Marc Wald passed away at the age of 90. He was a member of The Rhythm Pals.
- Olivia Perez-Breland has penned a beautiful song called “There You Go Again.” A portion of the proceeds will go to support the Fisher House Foundation, a group that supports military families separated because of war.
- Warner Nashville artist Jana Kramer unveiled the cover art and track listing for her self-titled album, due out in early June. She’ll be one of the artists in the Engine 145-sponsored Golf & Guitars Children’s Charity Concert May 21-22 in Sacramento.
- New music videos from the last week or so:
Carter’s Chord – “Love a Little Bigger”
Eric Church – “Springsteen”
Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw – “Feel Like a Rock Star”
Billy Gilman and friends – “The Choice”
Honeyhoney – “Angel of Death”
Blind Boys of Alabama – “Free at Last” (Music Fog)
McAlister Kemp – “Cold Beer, Hot Women”
Trampled by Turtles – “Alone”
Alabama Shakes – “Boys and Girls”
Sarah Kirkland –“Bachelorette”
Kathryn Hartnett – “The Dualist”