CMT Music Award Performers See Boost In Sales And Presidential Hopefuls Embrace Songs Of Rural America
- After their outstanding performance on the CMT Music Awards, Sugarland saw album sales jump an impressive 79% and sold more than 2,300 downloads within 48 hours after the show. The Tennessean reports “other artists who had notable sales increases after the awards show included Toby Keith (26 percent), Carrie Underwood (24 percent) and Kenny Chesney (23 percent).”
- Chet Flippo says that the first sign of country music elements in the presidential race of ’08 are starting to be seen.
Hillary once took her lumps when she criticized Tammy Wynette for the sentiments in her song “Stand by Your Man.” If Clinton has any political moxie at all now, she will appropriate Elizabeth Cook’s feisty new song, “Sometimes It Takes Balls to Be a Woman.” I mean, hell, go all out. It will be a down-and-dirty, vicious, dog-and-cat fight to the bitter end. Might make a good country song.
Also of note, if you donate $50 towards the John Edwards campaign, he’ll send you a free CD of the not-yet-released Moneyland.
- GAC has the scoop from People about the Carrie Underwood/Tony Romo love connection that’s been in the rumor mill since the NFL playoffs.
After first denying reports the two were dating in February, Carrie’s publicist says, “They have recently been spending a little time together,” but they are “definitely not boyfriend/girlfriend,” adding, “It’s very casual at this point. It’s [in the] really early stages.”
Carrie Underwood also made People’s annual “100 Most Beautiful People” list.
- John Goodspeed from MySA.com has a dilemna. He doesn’t know whether to see Terri Clark or Gary Allan tonight. As Joe Diffie once so aptly sang “I’d like to have a problem like that.” However, I wouldn’t be so torn in this instance. Allan is playing in a more intimate setting and has Sunny Sweeney opening for him. Go for the Gary Allan show, Goodspeed!
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."