Charlie Louvin Autobiography In the Works; Ronnie Dunn’s New Single; Rodney Hayden Introduces Video Series
- Charlie Louvin‘s autobiography will be released later this year.
- Dierks Bentley describes the direction of his next album:
“I’m going to use the term kick (butt) to describe it,” Bentley said of his new material. “Everyone is asking me, ‘Is it bluegrass or country?’ I think you’re asking the wrong guy because I thought the last record was a country record with bluegrass influences. The simple answer is it just has a lot more kick. It will complement the other side of my career, the more commercial, fun, rocking stuff.”
- When Ed Bruce joined Trace Adkins at the Ryman this past Saturday to pay tribute to Charlie Louvin, it was his first performance on the Opry stage in over 20 years.
- The Bluegrass Blog put together a collection of remembrances of Charlie Louvin.
- Rodney Hayden introduced a new, weekly video series on his website in which he’ll pick one of his songs, tell its story, and perform it acoustically. To top it all off, he’s offering each song as a free download. The first episode features the song “Down The Road.”
- HoustonPress’ William Michael Smith interviewed Rodney Crowell on the subject of his new memoir.
- Eagles member Don Henley is reportedly in Nashville working on a solo album of country songs.
- Country California: Quotable Country – 01/30/11 Edition
- Here’s a story about a hockey goalie who wears a custom-designed helmet called The Cash, after Johnny Cash. (via That Nashville Sound)
- Jack Ingram recorded a full-length song/video advertisement for HEB, and here’s an acoustic version of “Love You” from his weekly Acoustic Motel series.
- Ever wonder how Todd Snider keeps his material fresh?
I’ve talked about this with ramblin’ jack elliott. we think it’s travel.
as in “if you wanna keep ramblin at the mouth, keep ramblin at the feet”
- Justin Townes Earle details some of his past problems in an article on The Wall Street Journal website about drug use, sobriety and rehab albums. (via The Tennessean)
- If you forgot to check Ronnie Dunn‘s site on Friday to hear his new single “Bleed Red,” here you go.
- Tom: ...it is almost the year 2015 - ain't it about time we leave people (celebrities included) having the personal relations …
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …