Charlie Louvin Autobiography In the Works; Ronnie Dunn’s New Single; Rodney Hayden Introduces Video Series
- Charlie Louvin‘s autobiography will be released later this year.
- Dierks Bentley describes the direction of his next album:
“I’m going to use the term kick (butt) to describe it,” Bentley said of his new material. “Everyone is asking me, ‘Is it bluegrass or country?’ I think you’re asking the wrong guy because I thought the last record was a country record with bluegrass influences. The simple answer is it just has a lot more kick. It will complement the other side of my career, the more commercial, fun, rocking stuff.”
- When Ed Bruce joined Trace Adkins at the Ryman this past Saturday to pay tribute to Charlie Louvin, it was his first performance on the Opry stage in over 20 years.
- The Bluegrass Blog put together a collection of remembrances of Charlie Louvin.
- Rodney Hayden introduced a new, weekly video series on his website in which he’ll pick one of his songs, tell its story, and perform it acoustically. To top it all off, he’s offering each song as a free download. The first episode features the song “Down The Road.”
- HoustonPress’ William Michael Smith interviewed Rodney Crowell on the subject of his new memoir.
- Eagles member Don Henley is reportedly in Nashville working on a solo album of country songs.
- Country California: Quotable Country – 01/30/11 Edition
- Here’s a story about a hockey goalie who wears a custom-designed helmet called The Cash, after Johnny Cash. (via That Nashville Sound)
- Jack Ingram recorded a full-length song/video advertisement for HEB, and here’s an acoustic version of “Love You” from his weekly Acoustic Motel series.
- Ever wonder how Todd Snider keeps his material fresh?
I’ve talked about this with ramblin’ jack elliott. we think it’s travel.
as in “if you wanna keep ramblin at the mouth, keep ramblin at the feet”
- Justin Townes Earle details some of his past problems in an article on The Wall Street Journal website about drug use, sobriety and rehab albums. (via The Tennessean)
- If you forgot to check Ronnie Dunn‘s site on Friday to hear his new single “Bleed Red,” here you go.
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …