Charlie Louvin Autobiography In the Works; Ronnie Dunn’s New Single; Rodney Hayden Introduces Video Series
- Charlie Louvin‘s autobiography will be released later this year.
- Dierks Bentley describes the direction of his next album:
“I’m going to use the term kick (butt) to describe it,” Bentley said of his new material. “Everyone is asking me, ‘Is it bluegrass or country?’ I think you’re asking the wrong guy because I thought the last record was a country record with bluegrass influences. The simple answer is it just has a lot more kick. It will complement the other side of my career, the more commercial, fun, rocking stuff.”
- When Ed Bruce joined Trace Adkins at the Ryman this past Saturday to pay tribute to Charlie Louvin, it was his first performance on the Opry stage in over 20 years.
- The Bluegrass Blog put together a collection of remembrances of Charlie Louvin.
- Rodney Hayden introduced a new, weekly video series on his website in which he’ll pick one of his songs, tell its story, and perform it acoustically. To top it all off, he’s offering each song as a free download. The first episode features the song “Down The Road.”
- HoustonPress’ William Michael Smith interviewed Rodney Crowell on the subject of his new memoir.
- Eagles member Don Henley is reportedly in Nashville working on a solo album of country songs.
- Country California: Quotable Country – 01/30/11 Edition
- Here’s a story about a hockey goalie who wears a custom-designed helmet called The Cash, after Johnny Cash. (via That Nashville Sound)
- Jack Ingram recorded a full-length song/video advertisement for HEB, and here’s an acoustic version of “Love You” from his weekly Acoustic Motel series.
- Ever wonder how Todd Snider keeps his material fresh?
I’ve talked about this with ramblin’ jack elliott. we think it’s travel.
as in “if you wanna keep ramblin at the mouth, keep ramblin at the feet”
- Justin Townes Earle details some of his past problems in an article on The Wall Street Journal website about drug use, sobriety and rehab albums. (via The Tennessean)
- If you forgot to check Ronnie Dunn‘s site on Friday to hear his new single “Bleed Red,” here you go.
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!
- bob: Good day with news of PrizeFighter Trisha and Drunken Martina.
- John Fuller: Oh yeah!! Crispy sweet!
- Rick Mifflin: Sublime
- Leeann: Very nice!
- luckyoldsun: Paul, Good info. It's pretty disgraceful that Billboard editors can't even get musical history remotely right regarding even their own publication. The …
- Juli Thanki: Yep, I'll be there. Looking forward to it!
- Leeann: Wow! The Look Again to the Wind: Johnny Cash’s Bitter Tears Revisited album is so good!
- Jack Williams: I was also there on Saturday, Juli. I really liked Angeleena Presley's set, too. Marty and the boys …
- Jack Williams: I heard the guy who made the documentary talks funny. That's great news. I'll definitely buy a copy …