Charlie Louvin Autobiography In the Works; Ronnie Dunn’s New Single; Rodney Hayden Introduces Video Series
- Charlie Louvin‘s autobiography will be released later this year.
- Dierks Bentley describes the direction of his next album:
“I’m going to use the term kick (butt) to describe it,” Bentley said of his new material. “Everyone is asking me, ‘Is it bluegrass or country?’ I think you’re asking the wrong guy because I thought the last record was a country record with bluegrass influences. The simple answer is it just has a lot more kick. It will complement the other side of my career, the more commercial, fun, rocking stuff.”
- When Ed Bruce joined Trace Adkins at the Ryman this past Saturday to pay tribute to Charlie Louvin, it was his first performance on the Opry stage in over 20 years.
- The Bluegrass Blog put together a collection of remembrances of Charlie Louvin.
- Rodney Hayden introduced a new, weekly video series on his website in which he’ll pick one of his songs, tell its story, and perform it acoustically. To top it all off, he’s offering each song as a free download. The first episode features the song “Down The Road.”
- HoustonPress’ William Michael Smith interviewed Rodney Crowell on the subject of his new memoir.
- Eagles member Don Henley is reportedly in Nashville working on a solo album of country songs.
- Country California: Quotable Country – 01/30/11 Edition
- Here’s a story about a hockey goalie who wears a custom-designed helmet called The Cash, after Johnny Cash. (via That Nashville Sound)
- Jack Ingram recorded a full-length song/video advertisement for HEB, and here’s an acoustic version of “Love You” from his weekly Acoustic Motel series.
- Ever wonder how Todd Snider keeps his material fresh?
I’ve talked about this with ramblin’ jack elliott. we think it’s travel.
as in “if you wanna keep ramblin at the mouth, keep ramblin at the feet”
- Justin Townes Earle details some of his past problems in an article on The Wall Street Journal website about drug use, sobriety and rehab albums. (via The Tennessean)
- If you forgot to check Ronnie Dunn‘s site on Friday to hear his new single “Bleed Red,” here you go.
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.