Steve Martin may just be one of the most talented men in America; not only is he an accomplished comedian/actor/playwright, he’s also an excellent musician, having played banjo for 40-plus years. What’s next? A banjo tour, of course. Martin was nothing if not optimistic about this venture, remarking “if everything goes to plan, I’ll only […]
In 2005, banjoist Bela Fleck journeyed to several African countries including Tanzania, Mali, and the Gambia in search of the banjo’s roots. The result was Throw Down Your Heart, a documentary about his travels that has been making the festival circuit for approximately the past year. More recently, the Throw Down Your Heart album was […]
There are a few certainties in life: death, taxes, and the sad songs of Lucinda Williams. But wait! With the release of Little Honey in 2008, one of these certainties was shattered to mindblowing effect. Lucinda Williams, in love? Lucinda…happy?! Of course, Williams is equally known for being an outstanding performer and for having epic […]
So Kris Kristofferson walks into a Chinatown synagogue… It may sound like the beginning of a bad joke, but on a cold, rainy Saturday night in Washington, DC, Kristofferson played to a packed house of worship: the historic Sixth & I Synagogue located in the heart of gentrified Chinatown. At 72 years old, Kristofferson can […]
WASHINGTON — Washington D.C.’s 9:30 Club first made a name for itself some thirty years ago hosting bands like Black Flag, X, and Minor Threat. Loretta Lynn is no punk rocker, but she’s been shaking up the status quo and sticking it to the man since Henry Rollins was an angry toddler. Thus it is […]
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …