Carrie Underwood Will Release New Album In November; Ferlin Husky’s Health Progresses
- Carrie Underwood doesn’t yet have a title for her next album, but it will be released on November 3 with the first single expected late summer.
New releases for the week of July 7, 2009 include:
Kris Kristofferson (Reissues)
- Craig Shelburne caught two Ricky Skaggs sets at the Ryman Auditorium last Thursday and is happy to report that he’s returning his older country hits to the set list. Skaggs plans to reissue his third album, Don’t Cheat in Our Hometown, on July 21.
- Martina McBride‘s new video for “I Just Call You Mine.”
- Watch new videos of NewFound Road performing “Houston (I’m Comin To See You)” and “Ain’t No Sunshine.” (via The Bluegrass Blog)
- Will third-place American Idol contestant Danny Gokey go country?
- Alison Bonaguro claims Sara Evans‘ new songs are better than any country song on the radio right now.
- Ferlin Husky has been moved from critical care in Nashville and could be released from the hospital as early as Thursday or Friday.
- Nathan Rabin went way back for week 15 of his Nashville or Bust series, all the way to Jimmie Rodgers — the Father of Country Music.
- Randy Houser scored a Top 10 hit with his single “Boots On,” making him the first new male country artist to hit the Top 10 since Chuck Wicks broke through with “Stealing Cinderella” in February ’08.
- Brittney McKenna has a Q&A with Sara Watkins for American Songwriter.
- Buddy and Julie Miller, Dave Alvin & The Guilty Women and Justin Townes Earle all released albums that are among Twangville’s favorites of the year thus far.
- Listen to a Mary Chapin Capenter performance from her sixth appearance on Mountain Stage.
- Suzi Ragsdale is scheduled to celebrate a double-EP release Thursday at the Basement in Nashville.
- The Washington Post‘s Moira E. McLaughlin says Trace Adkins‘ bravado belies the warmth and kindness beneath.
- The Bellamy Brothers recorded a new video with The Bacon Brothers (actor Kevin Bacon and brother Michael) for the song “Guilty of the Crime.” The video stars Shannon Doherty in a prison setting. Watch on YouTube.
- C.M. Wilcox in this week’s edition of Quotable Country: “All the good things you’ve been hearing about the new Holly Williams album? Pretty much true.”
- Radney Foster and The Devil Makes Three each have songs in Shayne Hollinger’s list of top songs for July 2009.
- The Boot has the exclusive premiere of the new Zac Brown Band video for “Toes.”
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …