Carrie Underwood Will Release New Album In November; Ferlin Husky’s Health Progresses
- Carrie Underwood doesn’t yet have a title for her next album, but it will be released on November 3 with the first single expected late summer.
New releases for the week of July 7, 2009 include:
Kris Kristofferson (Reissues)
- Craig Shelburne caught two Ricky Skaggs sets at the Ryman Auditorium last Thursday and is happy to report that he’s returning his older country hits to the set list. Skaggs plans to reissue his third album, Don’t Cheat in Our Hometown, on July 21.
- Martina McBride‘s new video for “I Just Call You Mine.”
- Watch new videos of NewFound Road performing “Houston (I’m Comin To See You)” and “Ain’t No Sunshine.” (via The Bluegrass Blog)
- Will third-place American Idol contestant Danny Gokey go country?
- Alison Bonaguro claims Sara Evans‘ new songs are better than any country song on the radio right now.
- Ferlin Husky has been moved from critical care in Nashville and could be released from the hospital as early as Thursday or Friday.
- Nathan Rabin went way back for week 15 of his Nashville or Bust series, all the way to Jimmie Rodgers — the Father of Country Music.
- Randy Houser scored a Top 10 hit with his single “Boots On,” making him the first new male country artist to hit the Top 10 since Chuck Wicks broke through with “Stealing Cinderella” in February ’08.
- Brittney McKenna has a Q&A with Sara Watkins for American Songwriter.
- Buddy and Julie Miller, Dave Alvin & The Guilty Women and Justin Townes Earle all released albums that are among Twangville’s favorites of the year thus far.
- Listen to a Mary Chapin Capenter performance from her sixth appearance on Mountain Stage.
- Suzi Ragsdale is scheduled to celebrate a double-EP release Thursday at the Basement in Nashville.
- The Washington Post‘s Moira E. McLaughlin says Trace Adkins‘ bravado belies the warmth and kindness beneath.
- The Bellamy Brothers recorded a new video with The Bacon Brothers (actor Kevin Bacon and brother Michael) for the song “Guilty of the Crime.” The video stars Shannon Doherty in a prison setting. Watch on YouTube.
- C.M. Wilcox in this week’s edition of Quotable Country: “All the good things you’ve been hearing about the new Holly Williams album? Pretty much true.”
- Radney Foster and The Devil Makes Three each have songs in Shayne Hollinger’s list of top songs for July 2009.
- The Boot has the exclusive premiere of the new Zac Brown Band video for “Toes.”
- A.B.: I think I understand why the eating disorder facility wants to be located there besides it being the former Cash …
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.