Carrie Underwood Marries; New Releases List; Zac Brown Band Schedules New Album
- It’s official, Carrie Underwood is a married woman.
New releases for the week of July 13, 2010 include:
Senator Robert Byrd – Mountain Fiddler (Reissue)
Various Artists – Southern Filibuster: A Tribute To Tut Taylor
- The above release from Gary Bennett (of BR549 fame) is a four-song EP that serves as a precursor to a full-length album due out later this year. Two of the songs will be on the album, which leaves covers of “Hickory Wind” and “Long Black Veil” as bonus tracks exclusive to the EP.
- Sound engineer Bill Porter, whose work was an integral part of the Nashville Sound era, passed away last Wednesday at the age of 79.
- Josh Turner made a 10-year-old cancer patient’s wish come true.
- As of yesterday, the new Joey+Rory single, “This Song’s For You” (featuring Zac Brown Band), is streaming at the duo’s website.
- The next Zac Brown Band album, You Get What You Give, is due out on Sept. 21.
- Paste posted video of bluegrassy band Trampled By Turtles performing four songs from its recent release.
- The pop group Maroon 5 enlisted the help of Lady Antebellum for a track on its new album, Hands All Over. The album won’t be considered country, but lead singer Adam Levine says the country influences will be present.
- The Texas Music Chart presented Pat Green with the “Decade Award” at a recent concert for having the most Texas radio airplay in the past decade.
- Listen to Asleep at the Wheel perform “Truck Driver’s Blues” with 82-year-old former Texas Playboy vocalist Leon Rausch and Willie Nelson.
- The Boot’s list of of the top 10 catchy songs in country includes earworms from the likes of Carrie Underwood, Roger Miller, The Oak Ridge Boys, and more.
- Jimmy Carter posted numerous pictures from this past weekend’s Aquapalooza concert, which featured Brad Paisley as the headliner and drew more than 65,000 fans, doubling last year’s attendance.
- Paste listed the 10 best Willie Nelson songs.
- Emmylou Harris touched on her activism, new music, and early career in an interview published on Gibson’s Lifestyle blog.
- Rounder Records plans to release At Edwards Barn, a Chris Hillman & Herb Pedersen career retrospective recorded live in 2009, on Sept. 21.
Writing for Texas Music Magazine, Lynne Margolis profiled The Trishas, a quartet that includes Savannah Welch, Liz Foster, Kelley Mickwee and Jamie Wilson. Their recently recorded EP should be out by summer’s end. Here’s a video from Music Fog of the ladies performing “Trouble”:
- Bobby P.: Thanks for the link to my one hit wonder article!
- Leeann: I'm glad you reviewed this album. I think your rating is what I'd give it too. It's a good album, …
- luckyoldsun: That Bobby Bare/Bill Parsons story has been often told, but I still don't quite understand how two then-nobodies could go …
- Leeann: The Jack Clement album is quite good!
- Donald: "Ryan Adams announced .... the August 19 release of “1984,'" Which, I'm told, is the fifteen years later update of his …
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …