Carrie Underwood Marries; New Releases List; Zac Brown Band Schedules New Album
- It’s official, Carrie Underwood is a married woman.
New releases for the week of July 13, 2010 include:
Senator Robert Byrd – Mountain Fiddler (Reissue)
Various Artists – Southern Filibuster: A Tribute To Tut Taylor
- The above release from Gary Bennett (of BR549 fame) is a four-song EP that serves as a precursor to a full-length album due out later this year. Two of the songs will be on the album, which leaves covers of “Hickory Wind” and “Long Black Veil” as bonus tracks exclusive to the EP.
- Sound engineer Bill Porter, whose work was an integral part of the Nashville Sound era, passed away last Wednesday at the age of 79.
- Josh Turner made a 10-year-old cancer patient’s wish come true.
- As of yesterday, the new Joey+Rory single, “This Song’s For You” (featuring Zac Brown Band), is streaming at the duo’s website.
- The next Zac Brown Band album, You Get What You Give, is due out on Sept. 21.
- Paste posted video of bluegrassy band Trampled By Turtles performing four songs from its recent release.
- The pop group Maroon 5 enlisted the help of Lady Antebellum for a track on its new album, Hands All Over. The album won’t be considered country, but lead singer Adam Levine says the country influences will be present.
- The Texas Music Chart presented Pat Green with the “Decade Award” at a recent concert for having the most Texas radio airplay in the past decade.
- Listen to Asleep at the Wheel perform “Truck Driver’s Blues” with 82-year-old former Texas Playboy vocalist Leon Rausch and Willie Nelson.
- The Boot’s list of of the top 10 catchy songs in country includes earworms from the likes of Carrie Underwood, Roger Miller, The Oak Ridge Boys, and more.
- Jimmy Carter posted numerous pictures from this past weekend’s Aquapalooza concert, which featured Brad Paisley as the headliner and drew more than 65,000 fans, doubling last year’s attendance.
- Paste listed the 10 best Willie Nelson songs.
- Emmylou Harris touched on her activism, new music, and early career in an interview published on Gibson’s Lifestyle blog.
- Rounder Records plans to release At Edwards Barn, a Chris Hillman & Herb Pedersen career retrospective recorded live in 2009, on Sept. 21.
Writing for Texas Music Magazine, Lynne Margolis profiled The Trishas, a quartet that includes Savannah Welch, Liz Foster, Kelley Mickwee and Jamie Wilson. Their recently recorded EP should be out by summer’s end. Here’s a video from Music Fog of the ladies performing “Trouble”:
- Leeann Ward: Interesting! I just got an email from Amozon saying that they cancelled my preorder of Jamey Johnson's Christmas album due …
- luckyoldsun: Jim Z-- I get the feeling Barry was this close to calling you what Kinky Friedman called his guy from El …
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …