Carrie Underwood Marries; New Releases List; Zac Brown Band Schedules New Album
- It’s official, Carrie Underwood is a married woman.
New releases for the week of July 13, 2010 include:
Senator Robert Byrd – Mountain Fiddler (Reissue)
Various Artists – Southern Filibuster: A Tribute To Tut Taylor
- The above release from Gary Bennett (of BR549 fame) is a four-song EP that serves as a precursor to a full-length album due out later this year. Two of the songs will be on the album, which leaves covers of “Hickory Wind” and “Long Black Veil” as bonus tracks exclusive to the EP.
- Sound engineer Bill Porter, whose work was an integral part of the Nashville Sound era, passed away last Wednesday at the age of 79.
- Josh Turner made a 10-year-old cancer patient’s wish come true.
- As of yesterday, the new Joey+Rory single, “This Song’s For You” (featuring Zac Brown Band), is streaming at the duo’s website.
- The next Zac Brown Band album, You Get What You Give, is due out on Sept. 21.
- Paste posted video of bluegrassy band Trampled By Turtles performing four songs from its recent release.
- The pop group Maroon 5 enlisted the help of Lady Antebellum for a track on its new album, Hands All Over. The album won’t be considered country, but lead singer Adam Levine says the country influences will be present.
- The Texas Music Chart presented Pat Green with the “Decade Award” at a recent concert for having the most Texas radio airplay in the past decade.
- Listen to Asleep at the Wheel perform “Truck Driver’s Blues” with 82-year-old former Texas Playboy vocalist Leon Rausch and Willie Nelson.
- The Boot’s list of of the top 10 catchy songs in country includes earworms from the likes of Carrie Underwood, Roger Miller, The Oak Ridge Boys, and more.
- Jimmy Carter posted numerous pictures from this past weekend’s Aquapalooza concert, which featured Brad Paisley as the headliner and drew more than 65,000 fans, doubling last year’s attendance.
- Paste listed the 10 best Willie Nelson songs.
- Emmylou Harris touched on her activism, new music, and early career in an interview published on Gibson’s Lifestyle blog.
- Rounder Records plans to release At Edwards Barn, a Chris Hillman & Herb Pedersen career retrospective recorded live in 2009, on Sept. 21.
Writing for Texas Music Magazine, Lynne Margolis profiled The Trishas, a quartet that includes Savannah Welch, Liz Foster, Kelley Mickwee and Jamie Wilson. Their recently recorded EP should be out by summer’s end. Here’s a video from Music Fog of the ladies performing “Trouble”:
- Tom: ...it is almost the year 2015 - ain't it about time we leave people (celebrities included) having the personal relations …
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …