Carrie Underwood Invited to Become Grand Ole Opry Member: Can I Say “I Told You So?”
Randy Travis surprised Carrie Underwood on the Grand Ole Opry stage last night after she finished singing her cover of “I Told You So” and asked Underwood to become the newest member of the Grand Ole Opry. A tearful Carrie accepted the Opry’s invitation.
If you’re a regular The 9513 reader, this is old news. I wrote way back on October 19th, after Josh Turner’s invitation to join the Opry, that Carrie would be the next artist invited. Only the surprise induction of veteran Charlie Daniels in January seperated my prediction and Carrie’s invitation.
But enough gloating. After a two-year drought, the Opry is inducting new members at a torrid pace: Carrie is the fourth artist in a ten-month period.
And, for those of you who are wondering: I expect that the next inductee will be newcomer Ashton Shepherd.
Check back later today for more coverage of this breaking story.
Watch Carrie’s Opry invitation:
- luckyoldsun: Leann- I've biked a lot of laps around Central Park over the years. If I thought it would get me to …
- Leeann: No offense to Chely Wright, but while I expect that she will make a good album, asking for $175,000 seems …
- Juli Thanki: Ha! The best way to celebrate Connie Smith Day is by marrying a younger man. Mullet optional.
- nm: But was it Connie Smith Day all day long and then from dusk to dawn?
- Deremy Jylan: I heard that Jim Lauderdale documentary is some super-duper great movie stuff. Makes Scorsese's THE LAST WALTZ look like Wiseau's …
- Barry Mazor: I'll have to see if Dr. Green's ever read 3 Lives; it's a good book.
- Juli Thanki: Rose is a rose is a rose is a yellow rose of Texas. I smell a terrible concept album!
- Barry Mazor: Pigeons on the grass, alas.. Come-a kai-yai yippy, yippy ay.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Barry, thanks for the great sentimental look at Winchester. I will admit that he is an artist that was largely …
- Arlene: Thanks for this article, Barry. It's not often that an artist brings another performer to tears during a guitar pull. …