Carrie Underwood Invited to Become Grand Ole Opry Member: Can I Say “I Told You So?”
Randy Travis surprised Carrie Underwood on the Grand Ole Opry stage last night after she finished singing her cover of “I Told You So” and asked Underwood to become the newest member of the Grand Ole Opry. A tearful Carrie accepted the Opry’s invitation.
If you’re a regular The 9513 reader, this is old news. I wrote way back on October 19th, after Josh Turner’s invitation to join the Opry, that Carrie would be the next artist invited. Only the surprise induction of veteran Charlie Daniels in January seperated my prediction and Carrie’s invitation.
But enough gloating. After a two-year drought, the Opry is inducting new members at a torrid pace: Carrie is the fourth artist in a ten-month period.
And, for those of you who are wondering: I expect that the next inductee will be newcomer Ashton Shepherd.
Check back later today for more coverage of this breaking story.
Watch Carrie’s Opry invitation:
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.
- Janice Brooks: Peter Cooper needs an edit. Stringbean did not die in 1964.
- Leeann: I can't contribute to this list, but I did think of Steve Earle and The Wire. It's not my …
- Jeremy Dylan: That was a great episode of Monk. The "Georgia On My Mind" scene is just heartbreaking.