Carrie Underwood Earns Fourth No. 1 And Joe Walsh Joins Kenny Chesney
- Carrie Underwood has achieved her fourth number one single from her debut album with “Wasted.” Her previous number ones were “Jesus, Take the Wheel,” “Don’t Forget to Remember Me,” and “Before He Cheats.” Check out more discussion on this topic at Country Universe.
“Country sells in Zanesville. My thoughts are, we’re going to fill every seat in the auditorium, because we’ve got a great show,” said Zwelling.
Zwelling is the mayor of Zanesville, and he’s talking about a show with Lee Greenwood, Erika Dunlap, and Carl Russell. I wonder how big this auditorium is that he speaks of.
- The ACM awards will be having their first ever Charity Poker Tournament in Las Vegas this year. The event will be hosted by Big & Rich.
John Rich said, “We are here for the party, and the ACM’s sure know how to throw one. And having us host the inaugural tournament is both and honor and privilege to rack up some chips for charity, watch out, we are here to make some big bucks.”
- Joe Walsh, who recorded with the Eagles on their Hotel California album, will be joining Kenny Chesney for a few dates on his “Flip Flop Summer Tour.”
- Michael McCall reviewed the new Bucky Covington album. McCall says Covington delivers on the upbeat, rocker songs but his weaknesses shine through on the slow ballads. “Next time, the powers-that-be need to let this longhaired country boy rock – and leave the sensitive songs to someone with less dirt under their nails.”
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider