Carrie Underwood Earns Fourth No. 1 And Joe Walsh Joins Kenny Chesney
- Carrie Underwood has achieved her fourth number one single from her debut album with “Wasted.” Her previous number ones were “Jesus, Take the Wheel,” “Don’t Forget to Remember Me,” and “Before He Cheats.” Check out more discussion on this topic at Country Universe.
“Country sells in Zanesville. My thoughts are, we’re going to fill every seat in the auditorium, because we’ve got a great show,” said Zwelling.
Zwelling is the mayor of Zanesville, and he’s talking about a show with Lee Greenwood, Erika Dunlap, and Carl Russell. I wonder how big this auditorium is that he speaks of.
- The ACM awards will be having their first ever Charity Poker Tournament in Las Vegas this year. The event will be hosted by Big & Rich.
John Rich said, “We are here for the party, and the ACM’s sure know how to throw one. And having us host the inaugural tournament is both and honor and privilege to rack up some chips for charity, watch out, we are here to make some big bucks.”
- Joe Walsh, who recorded with the Eagles on their Hotel California album, will be joining Kenny Chesney for a few dates on his “Flip Flop Summer Tour.”
- Michael McCall reviewed the new Bucky Covington album. McCall says Covington delivers on the upbeat, rocker songs but his weaknesses shine through on the slow ballads. “Next time, the powers-that-be need to let this longhaired country boy rock – and leave the sensitive songs to someone with less dirt under their nails.”
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim. The record's more or less out of Austin. But I'm sure they're also good in El Paso...
- Jim Z: Dirty River Boys are from El Paso, Texas.