Carrie Underwood Earns Fourth No. 1 And Joe Walsh Joins Kenny Chesney
- Carrie Underwood has achieved her fourth number one single from her debut album with “Wasted.” Her previous number ones were “Jesus, Take the Wheel,” “Don’t Forget to Remember Me,” and “Before He Cheats.” Check out more discussion on this topic at Country Universe.
“Country sells in Zanesville. My thoughts are, we’re going to fill every seat in the auditorium, because we’ve got a great show,” said Zwelling.
Zwelling is the mayor of Zanesville, and he’s talking about a show with Lee Greenwood, Erika Dunlap, and Carl Russell. I wonder how big this auditorium is that he speaks of.
- The ACM awards will be having their first ever Charity Poker Tournament in Las Vegas this year. The event will be hosted by Big & Rich.
John Rich said, “We are here for the party, and the ACM’s sure know how to throw one. And having us host the inaugural tournament is both and honor and privilege to rack up some chips for charity, watch out, we are here to make some big bucks.”
- Joe Walsh, who recorded with the Eagles on their Hotel California album, will be joining Kenny Chesney for a few dates on his “Flip Flop Summer Tour.”
- Michael McCall reviewed the new Bucky Covington album. McCall says Covington delivers on the upbeat, rocker songs but his weaknesses shine through on the slow ballads. “Next time, the powers-that-be need to let this longhaired country boy rock – and leave the sensitive songs to someone with less dirt under their nails.”
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.