Carrie Underwood Earns Fourth No. 1 And Joe Walsh Joins Kenny Chesney
- Carrie Underwood has achieved her fourth number one single from her debut album with “Wasted.” Her previous number ones were “Jesus, Take the Wheel,” “Don’t Forget to Remember Me,” and “Before He Cheats.” Check out more discussion on this topic at Country Universe.
“Country sells in Zanesville. My thoughts are, we’re going to fill every seat in the auditorium, because we’ve got a great show,” said Zwelling.
Zwelling is the mayor of Zanesville, and he’s talking about a show with Lee Greenwood, Erika Dunlap, and Carl Russell. I wonder how big this auditorium is that he speaks of.
- The ACM awards will be having their first ever Charity Poker Tournament in Las Vegas this year. The event will be hosted by Big & Rich.
John Rich said, “We are here for the party, and the ACM’s sure know how to throw one. And having us host the inaugural tournament is both and honor and privilege to rack up some chips for charity, watch out, we are here to make some big bucks.”
- Joe Walsh, who recorded with the Eagles on their Hotel California album, will be joining Kenny Chesney for a few dates on his “Flip Flop Summer Tour.”
- Michael McCall reviewed the new Bucky Covington album. McCall says Covington delivers on the upbeat, rocker songs but his weaknesses shine through on the slow ballads. “Next time, the powers-that-be need to let this longhaired country boy rock – and leave the sensitive songs to someone with less dirt under their nails.”
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!
- bob: Good day with news of PrizeFighter Trisha and Drunken Martina.
- John Fuller: Oh yeah!! Crispy sweet!
- Rick Mifflin: Sublime