Carrie Underwood Earns Fourth No. 1 And Joe Walsh Joins Kenny Chesney
- Carrie Underwood has achieved her fourth number one single from her debut album with “Wasted.” Her previous number ones were “Jesus, Take the Wheel,” “Don’t Forget to Remember Me,” and “Before He Cheats.” Check out more discussion on this topic at Country Universe.
“Country sells in Zanesville. My thoughts are, we’re going to fill every seat in the auditorium, because we’ve got a great show,” said Zwelling.
Zwelling is the mayor of Zanesville, and he’s talking about a show with Lee Greenwood, Erika Dunlap, and Carl Russell. I wonder how big this auditorium is that he speaks of.
- The ACM awards will be having their first ever Charity Poker Tournament in Las Vegas this year. The event will be hosted by Big & Rich.
John Rich said, “We are here for the party, and the ACM’s sure know how to throw one. And having us host the inaugural tournament is both and honor and privilege to rack up some chips for charity, watch out, we are here to make some big bucks.”
- Joe Walsh, who recorded with the Eagles on their Hotel California album, will be joining Kenny Chesney for a few dates on his “Flip Flop Summer Tour.”
- Michael McCall reviewed the new Bucky Covington album. McCall says Covington delivers on the upbeat, rocker songs but his weaknesses shine through on the slow ballads. “Next time, the powers-that-be need to let this longhaired country boy rock – and leave the sensitive songs to someone with less dirt under their nails.”
- bob: Thanks Barry. Just reserved the Adam Gussow book. Sounds interesting.
- Barry Mazor: It may be over-stated, in arriving at practically a single explanation of everything, but Adam Gussow's book on lynching and …
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."