Brooks & Dunn Split; New Releases; Oklahoma Hall Inducts Carrie Underwood;
So, did you hear Brooks & Dunn are splitting up? The duo will release #1’s…and then some next month and take a farewell tour, The Last Rodeo Tour, in 2010.
Your take: As a duo, is Brooks & Dunn’s Hall of Fame inclusion a forgone conclusion?
- Country Universe listed 10 essential tracks and two hidden treasures from the breakup-pending duo.
New releases for the week of August 11, 2009 include:
- Eleven questions with Hank Williams Jr.
If you could have a conversation with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
Waylon Jennings. That one’s pretty easy.
- Rumor has it Garth Brooks has a date, or several, planned with Vegas.
- Since 2004, Levon Helm has hosted music events at his home studio on Saturday nights called The Midnight Ramble Sessions. In 2008, he took his rambling to the Ryman Auditorium with guests such as John Hiatt, Buddy Miller, Sam Bush and Sheryl Crow. PBS taped the special event, titled Levon Helm — Ramble At the Ryman, and is airing it during August. Watch a preview at BluegrassJournal.com.
- Sara Evans has a novel titled The Sweet By and By due out
- My Kind of Country’s Occasional Hope recommends The Reason That I Sing: Country Hits Bluegrass Style from Kim Williams, the writer behind 16 #1 hits, including “Ain’t Going Down (Til The Sun Comes Up)” and “Three Wooden Crosses.”
- Watch new videos for Keith Urban‘s “Only You Can Love Me This Way,” Reba McEntire‘s “Consider Me Gone,” Holly Williams‘ “Alone” and Jake Owen‘s “Eight Second Ride” at CMT. The Urban, McEntire and Owen videos made it into some kind of rotation.
- Clint Black signed on to become an executive producer of the new TV anthology series American Storytellers, for which current and classic country music hits are developed into one-hour dramatic episodes for television.
- The Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame will induct Carrie Underwood in September.
- That Nashville Sound on the new Wade Hayes album:
“With apologies to Yogi Berra, it’s time to rediscover Wade Hayes for the first time. Place To Turn Around is everything that is great about indie records. [...] On songs like “Every Time I Give The Devil A Ride” and “Good Day To Go Crazy,” we’re reminded what a great guitarist and underrated instrumentalist that Hayes has always been. His picking is as skilled as anything Brad Paisley has put out on these two tracks.”
- On Sept. 29, Corb Lund will make his New West Record debut with Losin’ Lately Gambler, “a new album propelled by stand-up bass and steel guitar set to his yarns about down-and-out cowboys, whiskey and ranching.”
- The new release from Chris Knight, Trailer Tapes II, has The Gobblers Knob’s Kelly Dearmore fluttering about in a trance-like state.
- Jeremy Dylan: One might say that a good way to pay tribute to RCA Studio a would be to not demolish it …
- Both Kinds of Music: What an excellent team-up.
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.
- Lisa Phillips: Love the Radio Ramblers! My favorite thing about fall is everything pumpkin.....coffee, cookies, muffins, pie.....etc!
- Sabrina Parnell: Def the cooler temps, football, great food , holidays on the way ,and of course more good country music releases.