Brad Paisley & Carrie Underwood To Host CMA Awards A Second Time; Opry Revives Country Classics Series
- Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood will return as hosts for the three-hour broadcast of the CMA Awards on Nov. 11.
- Beginning Sept. 20, the Grand Ole Opry will bring back its Country Classics series for an eight-week run.
- Quick, what’s the last song you heard?
- Jack Ingram met his goal of 215 interviews to officially break the record for most consecutive interviews in a 24 hour period. (via press release)
- Galleywinter is giving away a couple of copies of his new disc, Big Dreams & High Hopes, and The Boot has 11 questions with the newest member of the Guinness World Record family.
- Country Haiku:
We went out last night
We had a whole lot of fun
Then I vomited
The folks at Music Fog posted another video from Bonnie Bishop, this one is titled “Fallen Angel.”
- The Gobblers Knob Kelly Dearmore says great stories and mystery add to the allure of A.A. Bondy‘s new album, When the Devil’s Loose, and Edd Hurt interviewed the singer for American Songwriter.
The record is full of country, blues and gospel music. “To the Morning” works out its 6/8 gospel feel and finds it way in the dark. The songs are minimalist and sleepy, as if Bondy woke up out of an afternoon nap to perform them. He doesn’t seem to sing his songs so much as visit them…
- Steve Wariner dished out advice for guitar players who want to sound like Chet Atkins.
- My Kind of Country’s Occasional Hope listed several artists she felt were destined for stardom, but never quite made it; artists like Donna Ulisse, Bobbie Cryner, Elizabeth Cook, Bobby Pinson, and although one wouldn’t expect it, Rhonda Vincent.
- Watch the new video for Cadillac Sky‘s cover of the Death Cab for Cutie song “I’ll Follow You into the Dark.”
- Hickory Wind and ninebullets.net are diggin’ the recent Sons of Bill album, One Town Away. If you like what you hear, be sure to go back and read Pierce Greenberg’s interview with the Virginia band.
- Country Universe’s Leeann Ward listed ten essential tracks and two gems from ’90s artist Clint Black.
Josh Grider uploaded 13 videos from his recent gig at Momo’s in Austin, Texas. Here’s “Crazy Like You”:
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.