Brad Paisley Announces Next Single; Keith Urban Performs on Train; The Civil Wars’ New Video
- Brad Paisley announced that the song he debuted at the CMA Awards, “This Is Country Music,” will be his next single. (via CMT)
- Dollywood was awarded the Liseberg Applause Award, the amusement park industry’s top theme park award, on Tuesday.
“Of course, Walt Disney became successful because he had Mickey Mouse who has two big ears. So I figured I could be successful with Dollywood with my two big partners,” [Dolly] Parton said in her acceptance speech.
That was followed by a quick gesture toward her business partners, Pete and Jack Herschend […].
She later told Reuters that she’s working on an album to be released next summer, which her website explains will be all new material.
- The new video for David Barnes‘ song “Christmas Tonight” stars Jennifer Love Hewitt and features Hillary Scott on vocals.
- As part of a promotional effort for his new album, Keith Urban performed at train stations in New York and Philadelphia on Tuesday, and even performed an acoustic show on the train itself.
- Here’s Joe Pug on Mountain Stage and here’s the full audio from Joe Pug’s last night on his $10 Tour at Cactus Cafe.
- Kenny Chesney is planning to give away 10,000 copies of his Boys of Fall documentary DVD to high school football coaches.
- Music Fog:
- The video for the Rascal Flatts song “Why Wait” is available as a free download on iTunes. (iTunes)
- Hulu has a 30-minute behind the scenes documentary on the making of Keith Urban‘s new album and some of the effects that Nashville’s flood had on the process. (via Country Music Tattle Tale)
- With a title like “Not Everybody Likes Your Doggie Like You Do,” you know a song has to be at least somewhat humorous. Check it out at Songs:Illinois.
- Tom Russell remembers Doug Sahm:
He used to call me in the middle of the night and whisper arcane warnings: “Man you gonna get fat on Mexican food down in El Paso. Watch out.” He said he’d drive out to see me, but “them Mexican banditos out there would steal my Cadillac.”
- Amazon has a free sampler from Bloodshot Records that includes songs from artists like Scott H. Biram, Wayne Hancock, and Rosie Flores.
- Moxy Creative House created a series of posters depicting the ensemble of some of music’s most famous names, including Johnny Cash.
The Civil Wars, a duo consisting of Joy Williams and John Paul White, have released an EP and free digital live album in the past, but come February they’ll release their debut studio album Barton Hollow. Here’s the newly released video for the album’s title track (via Melodic Sunburst):
- Tom: ...it is almost the year 2015 - ain't it about time we leave people (celebrities included) having the personal relations …
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …