Brad Paisley Announces Next Single; Keith Urban Performs on Train; The Civil Wars’ New Video
- Brad Paisley announced that the song he debuted at the CMA Awards, “This Is Country Music,” will be his next single. (via CMT)
- Dollywood was awarded the Liseberg Applause Award, the amusement park industry’s top theme park award, on Tuesday.
“Of course, Walt Disney became successful because he had Mickey Mouse who has two big ears. So I figured I could be successful with Dollywood with my two big partners,” [Dolly] Parton said in her acceptance speech.
That was followed by a quick gesture toward her business partners, Pete and Jack Herschend [...].
She later told Reuters that she’s working on an album to be released next summer, which her website explains will be all new material.
- The new video for David Barnes‘ song “Christmas Tonight” stars Jennifer Love Hewitt and features Hillary Scott on vocals.
- As part of a promotional effort for his new album, Keith Urban performed at train stations in New York and Philadelphia on Tuesday, and even performed an acoustic show on the train itself.
- Here’s Joe Pug on Mountain Stage and here’s the full audio from Joe Pug’s last night on his $10 Tour at Cactus Cafe.
- Kenny Chesney is planning to give away 10,000 copies of his Boys of Fall documentary DVD to high school football coaches.
- Music Fog:
- The video for the Rascal Flatts song “Why Wait” is available as a free download on iTunes. (iTunes)
- Hulu has a 30-minute behind the scenes documentary on the making of Keith Urban‘s new album and some of the effects that Nashville’s flood had on the process. (via Country Music Tattle Tale)
- With a title like “Not Everybody Likes Your Doggie Like You Do,” you know a song has to be at least somewhat humorous. Check it out at Songs:Illinois.
- Tom Russell remembers Doug Sahm:
He used to call me in the middle of the night and whisper arcane warnings: “Man you gonna get fat on Mexican food down in El Paso. Watch out.” He said he’d drive out to see me, but “them Mexican banditos out there would steal my Cadillac.”
- Amazon has a free sampler from Bloodshot Records that includes songs from artists like Scott H. Biram, Wayne Hancock, and Rosie Flores.
- Moxy Creative House created a series of posters depicting the ensemble of some of music’s most famous names, including Johnny Cash.
The Civil Wars, a duo consisting of Joy Williams and John Paul White, have released an EP and free digital live album in the past, but come February they’ll release their debut studio album Barton Hollow. Here’s the newly released video for the album’s title track (via Melodic Sunburst):
- Stuart Munro: Is it just me...or does the idea of St. Paul and the Broken Bones being an Americana act really strain …
- Sam G.: Loki Is playing Hank Williams in a new movie, and Thor bought the rights to a book about him. I …
- Roger: Fabulous interview and fantastic new music that I will listen to over and over again.
- Applejack: It's not just you, Andrew L. I just listened to the clips on Amazon, and the autotune effect is terrible.
- Andrew L.: Is it just me or does Strait sound horribly autotuned on the clips for the new live album? I can't …
- Juli Thanki: You'll get to hear it pretty soon: The Wall Street Journal is going to stream the album on their website …
- Leeann Ward: Way to go to David Cantwell for getting a name drop! Great interview, Juli! Womack's new album is awesome! I've not always …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: Great interview as always, Juli! The new album is fantastic. "Same Kind of Different" is my favorite cut although "Fly" is …
- Dave D.: Good interview. Looking forward to the new record, and particularly interested in hearing her version of Brennen Leigh's "Sleeping with …
- nm: I guess it's not surprising that a singer who gets her songs all over the place, the way Womack does, …