Brad Paisley Announces Next Single; Keith Urban Performs on Train; The Civil Wars’ New Video
- Brad Paisley announced that the song he debuted at the CMA Awards, “This Is Country Music,” will be his next single. (via CMT)
- Dollywood was awarded the Liseberg Applause Award, the amusement park industry’s top theme park award, on Tuesday.
“Of course, Walt Disney became successful because he had Mickey Mouse who has two big ears. So I figured I could be successful with Dollywood with my two big partners,” [Dolly] Parton said in her acceptance speech.
That was followed by a quick gesture toward her business partners, Pete and Jack Herschend […].
She later told Reuters that she’s working on an album to be released next summer, which her website explains will be all new material.
- The new video for David Barnes‘ song “Christmas Tonight” stars Jennifer Love Hewitt and features Hillary Scott on vocals.
- As part of a promotional effort for his new album, Keith Urban performed at train stations in New York and Philadelphia on Tuesday, and even performed an acoustic show on the train itself.
- Here’s Joe Pug on Mountain Stage and here’s the full audio from Joe Pug’s last night on his $10 Tour at Cactus Cafe.
- Kenny Chesney is planning to give away 10,000 copies of his Boys of Fall documentary DVD to high school football coaches.
- Music Fog:
- The video for the Rascal Flatts song “Why Wait” is available as a free download on iTunes. (iTunes)
- Hulu has a 30-minute behind the scenes documentary on the making of Keith Urban‘s new album and some of the effects that Nashville’s flood had on the process. (via Country Music Tattle Tale)
- With a title like “Not Everybody Likes Your Doggie Like You Do,” you know a song has to be at least somewhat humorous. Check it out at Songs:Illinois.
- Tom Russell remembers Doug Sahm:
He used to call me in the middle of the night and whisper arcane warnings: “Man you gonna get fat on Mexican food down in El Paso. Watch out.” He said he’d drive out to see me, but “them Mexican banditos out there would steal my Cadillac.”
- Amazon has a free sampler from Bloodshot Records that includes songs from artists like Scott H. Biram, Wayne Hancock, and Rosie Flores.
- Moxy Creative House created a series of posters depicting the ensemble of some of music’s most famous names, including Johnny Cash.
The Civil Wars, a duo consisting of Joy Williams and John Paul White, have released an EP and free digital live album in the past, but come February they’ll release their debut studio album Barton Hollow. Here’s the newly released video for the album’s title track (via Melodic Sunburst):
- Paige: Oh damn. :( I never commented here and I haven't been listening to any music at all since Thanksgiving (it …
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …