Brad Paisley and Kimberley Williams-Paisley Expecting Second Baby
- Brad Paisley and Kimberly Williams-Paisley are expecting their second child.
- If the American Music Awards remind us of anything, it’s that the CMAs and ACMs could always be worse. Here’s the 2008 AMA nominees in the country category:
- Favorite Male Artist
- Garth Brooks
- Kenny Chesney
- Brad Paisley
- Favorite Female Artist
- Reba McEntire
- Taylor Swift
- Carrie Underwood
- Brooks & Dunn
- Rascal Flatts
- Garth Brooks – The Ultimate Hits
- Rascal Flatts – Still Feels Good
- Carrie Underwood – Carnival Ride
When Butler’s idea for a song thudded on the floor like an empty bottle, Garcia proposed another that sprang from today’s technology — a text message on his phone.
“A girl who was drunk texted me the other night,” Garcia said. “The next morning, she texted me again, saying, ‘I’m sorry I was drunk and texting you. Somebody must have put drunk in my drink.’
“I was like, man — that’s a song.”
“I like it,” Butler said.
“That’s a cool one,” Akins added.
“But I’m not going to tell you what else she texted me that night,” Garcia said to a round of laughter from the group of guys who sometimes sounded more like they were swapping jokes and telling stories than working on writing the next big hit.
So you’re not a big “Honky Tonk Badonkadonk” fan? *laughs*
*laughs* I am probably the biggest enemy of that song. You know, there was one night in Nashville, and there was this guy, and he bought everybody a round. He held up his glass and said, “Here’s to ‘Honky Tonk Badonkadonk’!” And I said, “Why in the f*** are you toasting that s*** song? That is the worst song ever.” He laughed and said, “I wrote it.” *laughs* Yeah…I didn’t apologize.
- Leeann Ward: Sheesh, Paul, that's a random/strange dig!
- Jack Williams: After reading that New Yorker article, I canceled my pre-order of the Basement Tapes box set. I love Bob …
- Leeann Ward: Wow! How terrible for Dixie Hall and Tom.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Another twisted collection of songs to put into the Friday Five Hall of Fame, Juli.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …