Brad Paisley and Kimberley Williams-Paisley Expecting Second Baby
- Brad Paisley and Kimberly Williams-Paisley are expecting their second child.
- If the American Music Awards remind us of anything, it’s that the CMAs and ACMs could always be worse. Here’s the 2008 AMA nominees in the country category:
- Favorite Male Artist
- Garth Brooks
- Kenny Chesney
- Brad Paisley
- Favorite Female Artist
- Reba McEntire
- Taylor Swift
- Carrie Underwood
- Brooks & Dunn
- Rascal Flatts
- Garth Brooks – The Ultimate Hits
- Rascal Flatts – Still Feels Good
- Carrie Underwood – Carnival Ride
When Butler’s idea for a song thudded on the floor like an empty bottle, Garcia proposed another that sprang from today’s technology — a text message on his phone.
“A girl who was drunk texted me the other night,” Garcia said. “The next morning, she texted me again, saying, ‘I’m sorry I was drunk and texting you. Somebody must have put drunk in my drink.’
“I was like, man — that’s a song.”
“I like it,” Butler said.
“That’s a cool one,” Akins added.
“But I’m not going to tell you what else she texted me that night,” Garcia said to a round of laughter from the group of guys who sometimes sounded more like they were swapping jokes and telling stories than working on writing the next big hit.
So you’re not a big “Honky Tonk Badonkadonk” fan? *laughs*
*laughs* I am probably the biggest enemy of that song. You know, there was one night in Nashville, and there was this guy, and he bought everybody a round. He held up his glass and said, “Here’s to ‘Honky Tonk Badonkadonk’!” And I said, “Why in the f*** are you toasting that s*** song? That is the worst song ever.” He laughed and said, “I wrote it.” *laughs* Yeah…I didn’t apologize.
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …