Brad Paisley and Kimberley Williams-Paisley Expecting Second Baby
- Brad Paisley and Kimberly Williams-Paisley are expecting their second child.
- If the American Music Awards remind us of anything, it’s that the CMAs and ACMs could always be worse. Here’s the 2008 AMA nominees in the country category:
- Favorite Male Artist
- Garth Brooks
- Kenny Chesney
- Brad Paisley
- Favorite Female Artist
- Reba McEntire
- Taylor Swift
- Carrie Underwood
- Brooks & Dunn
- Rascal Flatts
- Garth Brooks – The Ultimate Hits
- Rascal Flatts – Still Feels Good
- Carrie Underwood – Carnival Ride
When Butler’s idea for a song thudded on the floor like an empty bottle, Garcia proposed another that sprang from today’s technology — a text message on his phone.
“A girl who was drunk texted me the other night,” Garcia said. “The next morning, she texted me again, saying, ‘I’m sorry I was drunk and texting you. Somebody must have put drunk in my drink.’
“I was like, man — that’s a song.”
“I like it,” Butler said.
“That’s a cool one,” Akins added.
“But I’m not going to tell you what else she texted me that night,” Garcia said to a round of laughter from the group of guys who sometimes sounded more like they were swapping jokes and telling stories than working on writing the next big hit.
So you’re not a big “Honky Tonk Badonkadonk” fan? *laughs*
*laughs* I am probably the biggest enemy of that song. You know, there was one night in Nashville, and there was this guy, and he bought everybody a round. He held up his glass and said, “Here’s to ‘Honky Tonk Badonkadonk’!” And I said, “Why in the f*** are you toasting that s*** song? That is the worst song ever.” He laughed and said, “I wrote it.” *laughs* Yeah…I didn’t apologize.
- luckyoldsun: Jim Z-- I get the feeling Barry was this close to calling you what Kinky Friedman called his guy from El …
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim. The record's more or less out of Austin. But I'm sure they're also good in El Paso...