Brad Paisley and Kimberley Williams-Paisley Expecting Second Baby
- Brad Paisley and Kimberly Williams-Paisley are expecting their second child.
- If the American Music Awards remind us of anything, it’s that the CMAs and ACMs could always be worse. Here’s the 2008 AMA nominees in the country category:
- Favorite Male Artist
- Garth Brooks
- Kenny Chesney
- Brad Paisley
- Favorite Female Artist
- Reba McEntire
- Taylor Swift
- Carrie Underwood
- Brooks & Dunn
- Rascal Flatts
- Garth Brooks – The Ultimate Hits
- Rascal Flatts – Still Feels Good
- Carrie Underwood – Carnival Ride
When Butler’s idea for a song thudded on the floor like an empty bottle, Garcia proposed another that sprang from today’s technology — a text message on his phone.
“A girl who was drunk texted me the other night,” Garcia said. “The next morning, she texted me again, saying, ‘I’m sorry I was drunk and texting you. Somebody must have put drunk in my drink.’
“I was like, man — that’s a song.”
“I like it,” Butler said.
“That’s a cool one,” Akins added.
“But I’m not going to tell you what else she texted me that night,” Garcia said to a round of laughter from the group of guys who sometimes sounded more like they were swapping jokes and telling stories than working on writing the next big hit.
So you’re not a big “Honky Tonk Badonkadonk” fan? *laughs*
*laughs* I am probably the biggest enemy of that song. You know, there was one night in Nashville, and there was this guy, and he bought everybody a round. He held up his glass and said, “Here’s to ‘Honky Tonk Badonkadonk’!” And I said, “Why in the f*** are you toasting that s*** song? That is the worst song ever.” He laughed and said, “I wrote it.” *laughs* Yeah…I didn’t apologize.
- Barry Mazor: What the "Americana" term brings to mind, by this point, is a matter of time and marketing. Like all …
- Paul W Dennis: I loved the Jerry Douglas interview and love the ideas behind his two concept albums Unfortunately I never had the opportunity …
- luckyoldsun: Barry, That's a good point, as far as country itself being a word that refers to a lot more than a …
- Six String Richie: Also, in regards to that article, Aldean's #2 complaint was "Nashville Copycats" and he gripes that people are copping Luke …
- Six String Richie: Billboard misprinted his new single as "Burnin' It Up" in that article! That goes to show how little even …
- CraigR.: Here are 5 things that piss me off about Jason Aldean: 1. He is a sore winner. Why complain when you …
- Barry Mazor: The words "country" and jazz (or "jass") and blues had been around for decades before they became genres (or formats) …
- Jeff Miller: Yeah, the first time I played Jimmie Rodgers for my wife & daughter- they were aghast that he was singing …
- David Cantwell: I think it more helpful to think of Americana not as a genre but as a format--and, perhaps better, and …
- Juli Thanki: That would definitely be better than Marvel's hilariously terrible Billy Ray Cyrus comic book, released in 1995. http://4thletter.net/2009/02/billy-ray-cyrus-the-marvel-comic-book-yes-really/