Birthday Bash Giveaway: Friday Five Edition
In the past, we’ve written Friday Fives on a variety of topics ranging from bank robbers to Hawaii to monkeys; there have also been a bunch of macabre Friday Fives about freezing to death, plane crashes, mining deaths, rodeo deaths, and suicide by drowning. Today’s Friday Five, though, is about shirts, because we’ve got three Engine 145 t-shirts to give away. To enter, leave a comment mentioning a future Friday Five topic you’d like to see before 9 a.m. Eastern on Monday, July 16.
5. Slaid Cleaves — “Black T-Shirt”
The Engine 145 tees are black, too, making it perfect for those who, like Johnny Cash, choose not to wear a spectrum of bright colors. Unfortunately, they do make it hard to sneak a powdered sugar donut.
4. Mary Chapin Carpenter — “This Shirt”
Everybody’s got a favorite old shirt that’s seen better days, but is so beloved you can’t bear to get rid of it.
3. Corb Lund — “It’s Hard to Keep a White Shirt Clean”
2. Peter Rowan & Tony Rice — “Shirt Off My Back”
Rowan and Rice are like t-shirts and jeans: a perfect pair.
1. Bradley Kincaid — “The Little Shirt My Mother Made for Me”
This Harry Wincott song has also been recorded by Wilf Carter and Marty Robbins. While an Engine 145 shirt may become your new favorite, unlike the kid in this song, you’re going to have to pair it with pants.
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.