Birthday Bash Giveaway: Friday Five Edition
In the past, we’ve written Friday Fives on a variety of topics ranging from bank robbers to Hawaii to monkeys; there have also been a bunch of macabre Friday Fives about freezing to death, plane crashes, mining deaths, rodeo deaths, and suicide by drowning. Today’s Friday Five, though, is about shirts, because we’ve got three Engine 145 t-shirts to give away. To enter, leave a comment mentioning a future Friday Five topic you’d like to see before 9 a.m. Eastern on Monday, July 16.
5. Slaid Cleaves — “Black T-Shirt”
The Engine 145 tees are black, too, making it perfect for those who, like Johnny Cash, choose not to wear a spectrum of bright colors. Unfortunately, they do make it hard to sneak a powdered sugar donut.
4. Mary Chapin Carpenter — “This Shirt”
Everybody’s got a favorite old shirt that’s seen better days, but is so beloved you can’t bear to get rid of it.
3. Corb Lund — “It’s Hard to Keep a White Shirt Clean”
2. Peter Rowan & Tony Rice — “Shirt Off My Back”
Rowan and Rice are like t-shirts and jeans: a perfect pair.
1. Bradley Kincaid — “The Little Shirt My Mother Made for Me”
This Harry Wincott song has also been recorded by Wilf Carter and Marty Robbins. While an Engine 145 shirt may become your new favorite, unlike the kid in this song, you’re going to have to pair it with pants.
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …