Birthday Bash Giveaway: Friday Five Edition
In the past, we’ve written Friday Fives on a variety of topics ranging from bank robbers to Hawaii to monkeys; there have also been a bunch of macabre Friday Fives about freezing to death, plane crashes, mining deaths, rodeo deaths, and suicide by drowning. Today’s Friday Five, though, is about shirts, because we’ve got three Engine 145 t-shirts to give away. To enter, leave a comment mentioning a future Friday Five topic you’d like to see before 9 a.m. Eastern on Monday, July 16.
5. Slaid Cleaves — “Black T-Shirt”
The Engine 145 tees are black, too, making it perfect for those who, like Johnny Cash, choose not to wear a spectrum of bright colors. Unfortunately, they do make it hard to sneak a powdered sugar donut.
4. Mary Chapin Carpenter — “This Shirt”
Everybody’s got a favorite old shirt that’s seen better days, but is so beloved you can’t bear to get rid of it.
3. Corb Lund — “It’s Hard to Keep a White Shirt Clean”
2. Peter Rowan & Tony Rice — “Shirt Off My Back”
Rowan and Rice are like t-shirts and jeans: a perfect pair.
1. Bradley Kincaid — “The Little Shirt My Mother Made for Me”
This Harry Wincott song has also been recorded by Wilf Carter and Marty Robbins. While an Engine 145 shirt may become your new favorite, unlike the kid in this song, you’re going to have to pair it with pants.
- luckyoldsun: Paul, Good info. It's pretty disgraceful that Billboard editors can't even get musical history remotely right regarding even their own publication. The …
- Juli Thanki: Yep, I'll be there. Looking forward to it!
- Leeann: Wow! The Look Again to the Wind: Johnny Cash’s Bitter Tears Revisited album is so good!
- Jack Williams: I was also there on Saturday, Juli. I really liked Angeleena Presley's set, too. Marty and the boys …
- Jack Williams: I heard the guy who made the documentary talks funny. That's great news. I'll definitely buy a copy …
- Dave D.: Jim Lauderdale's The Other Sessions is my favorite; just a great country records, IMO.
- Paul W Dernnis: It seems that whoever wrote that Billboard article had some bum information. As of 1993, 13 country artists had 50 …
- Leeann: My favorite Jim Lauderdale albums are his collaborations with Ralph Stanley.
- Jeremy Dylan: Correcting my typo, that should be http://jimlauderdalemovie.com
- Jeremy Dylan: @SCOOTER: Depending on where your tastes lie, I'd say I'm A Song (the new record), Pretty Close to the Truth …