Best of 2006 Lists
It’s nearing the end of 2006 and news is slow in the country music world without any major album releases in December, so everyone (including us) is posting their best of year lists. If you take a look at them, you’ll notice that no two are even close to being the same, but that’s what is great about music, everyone can have their own opinion. Looking over lists is also a great way to discover new music that you may not have heard of before. I know in the short time I’ve been writing on The 9513, I have come to appreciate music even more and have learned a ton about the history of country music. So take a gander at these lists and see if you discover any new music. Also, be sure to let us know if you have a list you’d like included here.
- Top Ten Country Albums of 2006 (CMT)
- Best Country Singles of 2006 (Country Universe)
- Best Reissues and Compilations of 2006 (Country Universe)
- Top Ten Country Albums, 2006 (Houston Press)
- Best of 2006: Editor’s Picks in Country (Amazon)
- Best of 2006 | Country Music (LA Times)
- Top 10 Country Albums of 2006 (About.com)
- Ten Favorite Bluegrass Albums of 2006 (CMT)
- Brody’s Picks: Best Albums of 2006 (The 9513)
- Jenna’s Pick: Best Albums Of 2006 (The 9513)
- Nick’s Pick: Best Albums of 2006 (The 9513)
- Top 2006 Country Albums List (105.7 The Bull)
- Modern Sounds in Country (Cleveland Scene)
- Top 10 – make that 11 – finest albums of 2006 (PensacolaNewsJournal.com)
You can also head on over to the Billboard website and view top lists compiled by country artists such as Carrie Underwood, Eddie Montgomery, Josh Turner, Gary Allan, and Julie Roberts.
- luckyoldsun: Jim Z-- I get the feeling Barry was this close to calling you what Kinky Friedman called his guy from El …
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim. The record's more or less out of Austin. But I'm sure they're also good in El Paso...