Best of 2006 Lists
It’s nearing the end of 2006 and news is slow in the country music world without any major album releases in December, so everyone (including us) is posting their best of year lists. If you take a look at them, you’ll notice that no two are even close to being the same, but that’s what is great about music, everyone can have their own opinion. Looking over lists is also a great way to discover new music that you may not have heard of before. I know in the short time I’ve been writing on The 9513, I have come to appreciate music even more and have learned a ton about the history of country music. So take a gander at these lists and see if you discover any new music. Also, be sure to let us know if you have a list you’d like included here.
- Top Ten Country Albums of 2006 (CMT)
- Best Country Singles of 2006 (Country Universe)
- Best Reissues and Compilations of 2006 (Country Universe)
- Top Ten Country Albums, 2006 (Houston Press)
- Best of 2006: Editor’s Picks in Country (Amazon)
- Best of 2006 | Country Music (LA Times)
- Top 10 Country Albums of 2006 (About.com)
- Ten Favorite Bluegrass Albums of 2006 (CMT)
- Brody’s Picks: Best Albums of 2006 (The 9513)
- Jenna’s Pick: Best Albums Of 2006 (The 9513)
- Nick’s Pick: Best Albums of 2006 (The 9513)
- Top 2006 Country Albums List (105.7 The Bull)
- Modern Sounds in Country (Cleveland Scene)
- Top 10 – make that 11 – finest albums of 2006 (PensacolaNewsJournal.com)
You can also head on over to the Billboard website and view top lists compiled by country artists such as Carrie Underwood, Eddie Montgomery, Josh Turner, Gary Allan, and Julie Roberts.
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …