Best of 2006 Lists
It’s nearing the end of 2006 and news is slow in the country music world without any major album releases in December, so everyone (including us) is posting their best of year lists. If you take a look at them, you’ll notice that no two are even close to being the same, but that’s what is great about music, everyone can have their own opinion. Looking over lists is also a great way to discover new music that you may not have heard of before. I know in the short time I’ve been writing on The 9513, I have come to appreciate music even more and have learned a ton about the history of country music. So take a gander at these lists and see if you discover any new music. Also, be sure to let us know if you have a list you’d like included here.
- Top Ten Country Albums of 2006 (CMT)
- Best Country Singles of 2006 (Country Universe)
- Best Reissues and Compilations of 2006 (Country Universe)
- Top Ten Country Albums, 2006 (Houston Press)
- Best of 2006: Editor’s Picks in Country (Amazon)
- Best of 2006 | Country Music (LA Times)
- Top 10 Country Albums of 2006 (About.com)
- Ten Favorite Bluegrass Albums of 2006 (CMT)
- Brody’s Picks: Best Albums of 2006 (The 9513)
- Jenna’s Pick: Best Albums Of 2006 (The 9513)
- Nick’s Pick: Best Albums of 2006 (The 9513)
- Top 2006 Country Albums List (105.7 The Bull)
- Modern Sounds in Country (Cleveland Scene)
- Top 10 – make that 11 – finest albums of 2006 (PensacolaNewsJournal.com)
You can also head on over to the Billboard website and view top lists compiled by country artists such as Carrie Underwood, Eddie Montgomery, Josh Turner, Gary Allan, and Julie Roberts.
- Jack WIlliams: Well, he says he's a classic honky tonk fan and apparently "had to" make a honky tonk album, but then …
- Leeann: I was disappointed to read JTE's take on country music too. I agree with the part about current country music, …
- luckyoldsun: Someone should do a feature on the current "next generation" sons-of-superstar country artists--Hank III, Shooter Jennings, Bobby Bare Jr., Dean …
- Jack: Not impressed by Justin Townes Earle's low view of country music.
- nm: Does anyone know whatever became of the album that Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer were going to do together?
- luckyoldsun: I'm not surprised. Artists who can't get seem to get a satisfactory deal with a commercial label always say how …
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …