Best of 2006 Lists
It’s nearing the end of 2006 and news is slow in the country music world without any major album releases in December, so everyone (including us) is posting their best of year lists. If you take a look at them, you’ll notice that no two are even close to being the same, but that’s what is great about music, everyone can have their own opinion. Looking over lists is also a great way to discover new music that you may not have heard of before. I know in the short time I’ve been writing on The 9513, I have come to appreciate music even more and have learned a ton about the history of country music. So take a gander at these lists and see if you discover any new music. Also, be sure to let us know if you have a list you’d like included here.
- Top Ten Country Albums of 2006 (CMT)
- Best Country Singles of 2006 (Country Universe)
- Best Reissues and Compilations of 2006 (Country Universe)
- Top Ten Country Albums, 2006 (Houston Press)
- Best of 2006: Editor’s Picks in Country (Amazon)
- Best of 2006 | Country Music (LA Times)
- Top 10 Country Albums of 2006 (About.com)
- Ten Favorite Bluegrass Albums of 2006 (CMT)
- Brody’s Picks: Best Albums of 2006 (The 9513)
- Jenna’s Pick: Best Albums Of 2006 (The 9513)
- Nick’s Pick: Best Albums of 2006 (The 9513)
- Top 2006 Country Albums List (105.7 The Bull)
- Modern Sounds in Country (Cleveland Scene)
- Top 10 – make that 11 – finest albums of 2006 (PensacolaNewsJournal.com)
You can also head on over to the Billboard website and view top lists compiled by country artists such as Carrie Underwood, Eddie Montgomery, Josh Turner, Gary Allan, and Julie Roberts.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.