Best of 2006 Lists
It’s nearing the end of 2006 and news is slow in the country music world without any major album releases in December, so everyone (including us) is posting their best of year lists. If you take a look at them, you’ll notice that no two are even close to being the same, but that’s what is great about music, everyone can have their own opinion. Looking over lists is also a great way to discover new music that you may not have heard of before. I know in the short time I’ve been writing on The 9513, I have come to appreciate music even more and have learned a ton about the history of country music. So take a gander at these lists and see if you discover any new music. Also, be sure to let us know if you have a list you’d like included here.
- Top Ten Country Albums of 2006 (CMT)
- Best Country Singles of 2006 (Country Universe)
- Best Reissues and Compilations of 2006 (Country Universe)
- Top Ten Country Albums, 2006 (Houston Press)
- Best of 2006: Editor’s Picks in Country (Amazon)
- Best of 2006 | Country Music (LA Times)
- Top 10 Country Albums of 2006 (About.com)
- Ten Favorite Bluegrass Albums of 2006 (CMT)
- Brody’s Picks: Best Albums of 2006 (The 9513)
- Jenna’s Pick: Best Albums Of 2006 (The 9513)
- Nick’s Pick: Best Albums of 2006 (The 9513)
- Top 2006 Country Albums List (105.7 The Bull)
- Modern Sounds in Country (Cleveland Scene)
- Top 10 – make that 11 – finest albums of 2006 (PensacolaNewsJournal.com)
You can also head on over to the Billboard website and view top lists compiled by country artists such as Carrie Underwood, Eddie Montgomery, Josh Turner, Gary Allan, and Julie Roberts.
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …
- paul w dennis: The Kershaw album is really noteworthy for its song selections. Other than "I'll Share My World With You", it omits …
- Leeann: The Sammy Kershaw tribute to George Jones is pretty good on first listen. Of course, Sammy's no George, but their …
- Jeremy Dylan: I did a podcast on Joni Mitchell's BLUE album recently and was wondering if there was a good bio of …
- Leeann Ward: Well, that was a mighty unnecessarily flippant comment I just made there and the better angels of my nature make …
- Leeann Ward: As for me, I'd realize I'd written a crappy song if Luke Bryan ended up being the one who wanted …
- luckyoldsun: You say Marx is very gracious--again implying that he should feel aggrieved. Well, apparently, he DOESN'T feel aggrieved--He feels gratitude …
- Leeann Ward: I know that Marx seems to be very gracious about it and I also know that that's how the business …