Barbara Mandrell, Roy Clark & Charlie McCoy Take Their Place In Hall of Fame
- Barbara Mandrell, Roy Clark and Charlie McCoy became the newest members of the Country Music Hall of Fame on Sunday in a ceremony that included tributes from Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, George Jones, Alison Krauss, Josh Turner, Michael McDonald, Rodney Crowell and others.
- Reba McEntire is scheduled to sign autographs at CMA Fest for the first time since 1996, back when it was still called Fan Fair.
- Gregg Geil from Americana Roots caught Drew Kennedy and Rodney Hayden on Friday night for one of the New American Voices dates and gave a nice recap.
This duo has great chemistry up on stage backing each other with harmonies while providing an endless supply of back line stories for the songs which makes for a humorous and entertaining night of music.
- That Nashville Sound reported that the second annual Golf & Guitars Celebrity Pro-Am and Children’s Charity Concert in Sacramento was a smashing success and posted video of John Michael Montgomery and Bucky Covington turning in an impromptu performance of Bob Seger‘s “Turn The Page.”
- My Kind of Country’s Occasional Hope heartily recommends Hillbilly Goddess, the new album from Alecia Nugent.
- Barn & Grill takes the top spot in C.M. Wilcox’s ranking of Blake Shelton‘s discography.
- Twang Nation’s Baron Lane shared a list of songs, ranging from Jimmie Rodgers to Johnny Cash and Merle Haggard to the Drive-By Truckers and Ryan Bingham, that he believes exhibit the best of what it sounds like to live through hard times.
- On May 17, 1980 Clint Eastwood debuted on the country charts with “Bar Room Buddies,” a duet with Merle Haggard.
- The Music Fog crew recorded a Scott Miller performance this weekend and posted video of “8 Miles a Gallon” and the following anecdote:
Shortly after the show, our mongoloid camera guy Ben sent out a Tweet that read, “Scott Miller Killed in Virginia tonight! Video to follow!” This caused a mini shit-storm, as folks immediately assumed that Scott was literally killed and that we would post video of it.
- Sugarland hit #1 on Billboard‘s county song chart with “It Happens” while BMI hosted a party last week to celebrate the writers behind George Strait‘s latest hit, “River of Love.”
- Farce the Music charted the top ten reasons for the decline in country CD sales.
- Darryl Worley took a trip to the emergency room in the middle of his set last Thursday when a road case lid “conked” him in the head. After being stitched up he returned to the stage to play for 50 minutes before the wind finally shut the show down.
- Country Universe’s Kevin J. Coyne listed some of Willie Nelson‘s most essential tracks for those who haven’t yet explored his catalog.
- The latest batch of album reviews from Country Weekly include Jewel‘s album of lullabies, titled Lullaby, and the first album from seven time International Bluegrass Music Association’s Bass Player of the Year Missy Raines with new backing group The New Hip, Inside Out.
- Taproot Radio’s Calvin Powers says Dehlia Low (MySpace) perfectly captures the beauty of mountain music on their new CD, Tellico.
- Country California: Jamey Johnson Gets Lucrative Snuggie Sponsorship
- Dave Alvin‘s new album with the Guilty Women may not be as groundbreaking as his work with The Blasters or The Knitters, but Twangville’s Shawn Underwood says it might be his best record to date.
- Miranda Lambert posted a brief video of studio footage.
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.