The Band Perry Pays Funeral Costs for Nine Killed in Fire; SPBGMA Winners Announced; New Music Videos
- Pinecastle Records is going to unveil a lost Osborne Brothers recording that was made in 1973 but never released. Nashville is due out in June; a special vinyl copy will be produced as well.
- Nickel Creek released a new song and announced eight tour dates.
- The Band Perry stepped in to pay funeral costs and hotel expenses for a large family from Greenville, Kentucky, who suffered losses and injuries in a recent house fire. Eight children and their mother died in the fire; only the father and one child survived.
- The SPGBMA Awards were held last night. Rhonda Vincent took home Entertainer of the Year honors while The Gibson Brothers’ “They Called It Music” won Song of the Year. Here is the full list of winners.
- The Grand Ole Opry has started a new video series of dramatic readings in which artists provide a deadpan non-musical reading of a current or past hit by another artist, like Jeannie Seely taking on “Fancy.” Others include Larry Gatlin reading Florida Georgia Line’s “Cruise.”
- Bear Family will release the Dolly Parton & Porter Wagoner box set Just Between You and Me: Complete Recordings 1967-1976 this spring.
- Suzy Bogguss appeared on Good Day L.A. Watch the interview and performance here. (h/t our pal Grace)
- Miranda Lambert will release new single “Automatic” to country radio on Wednesday.
- David Nail’s “Whatever She’s Got” hit Number One on the Billboard charts.
- The Charlie Daniels Band will release an album dedicated to Bob Dylan in April.
- The always-wry C.M. Wilcox posted another Quotable Country over at Country California.
- Darius Rucker didn’t accept his Grammy award in person because he got stuck in traffic.
- Chris Stapleton signed a publishing deal with Warner/Chappell Music.
- Nominations for the 12th Annual Texas Music Awards have been announced.
- Multi-market Clear Channel country DJ Bobby Bones flirted with leaving radio for television but ended up staying put.
- The Tennessean’s Cindy Watts profiled Steve Buchanan, the Senior Vice President of Gaylord Entertainment and overseer of the Grand Ole Opry.
- The Birthplace of Country Music Museum in Bristol, Virginia is on track for an August opening.
- New music videos from the last week or two:
Korby Lenker – “Forbidden Fruit”
Keith Urban – “Cop Car”
Brett Eldredge – “Beat of the Music”
Chase Rice – “Ready Set Roll”
Rod Picott – “65 Falcon”
Josh Rouse – “A Lot Like Magic”
Steve Martin & Steep Canyon Rangers featuring Edie Brickell – “Pretty Little One”
Ruby the RabbitFoot – “Ways”
Dean Brody – “Crop Circles”
Billy Ray Cyrus and Dionne Warwick – “Hope is Just Ahead”
Michael Christopher – “Keep It Country”
Lance Carpenter – “12th and Gibson”
Jarrod Birmingham – “December Gone”
Deric Ruttan – “Pass It Around”
The Weeping Willows – “Home for the Broken Soul”
Logan Brill – “Scars” (Live at The High Watt)
- darol anger: This band is not one you're likely to hear out on the fester or club circuit. It's a rare and …
- Livewire: So that's the interview Best listen to the album and decide for yourself. It was slated in UK's Country Music People Magazine A …
- Stormy: A little more glam rock than New Wave, but here is Kenneth Brian covering David Bowie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJhfD77QOLY
- Jack Williams: Forgot this one: Richard Thompson - Tempted (Squeeze)
- Donald: But, Hurt isn't a new wave song. On the other hand, Lydia Loveless covering "They Don't Know," written and performed …
- luckyoldsun: Isn't "Hurt" the key Johnny Cash selection in this motif?--That's the song that made the big impact, with the award-winning …
- Henry: Goes the other way, tool, with the late great Alex Chilton--during a Punk period for him--singing "D-I-V-O-R-C-E" on "Electricity by …
- Jack Williams: Drive-By Truckers - People Who Died (Jim Carroll) Dwight Yoakam - Train In Vain (The Clash) Los Lobos - Uncomplicated (Elvis Costello)
- Juli Thanki: Also, The Meat Purveyors recorded The Human League's "Don't You Want Me" for Someday Soon Things Will Be Much Worse: …
- june wommack: Just love DonWilliamsMy daught is named after him. My favorite song Amanda and middle name id Dawn of course after …