Ashton Shepherd, Tracy Lawrence Release Singles; Urban and Allman Jam at the Ryman; New Music Videos
- The idiots that call themselves the Westboro Baptist Church are taking on Taylor Swift.
- A tour bus owned by Toby Keith crashed and burned on an Indiana turnpike. Keith was not on board, and no injuries were reported.
- David Israelite, President and CEO of the National Music Publishers Association, released a statement directed to Pandora CEO Tim Westergren that stated, “Put simply, Pandora has gone to war against creators of music.”
- Dierks Bentley unveiled the menu for his Scottsdale eatery, Whiskey Row. The restaurant opens next week.
- Keith Urban jammed with Gregg Allman at the Ryman on Friday night. Here’s a fuzzy video with semi-decent audio.
- Tim McGraw would like to tackle a Broadway show or a television series.
- In other Broadway news, A Night with Janis Joplin will be opening in October.
- Terri Clark is selling t-shirts on her website to raise money for Alberta flood relief.
- Bruce Springsteen is back in the recording studio working on his followup to last year’s Wrecking Ball.
- Ashton Shepherd has a brand new single out called “This is America.”
- Kellie Pickler released a photograph that is likely a still from the music video for her new single, “Someone Somewhere Tonight.” It features her Dancing with the Stars partner Derek Hough.
- Rascal Flatts are finishing their next album.
- Capitol Records will release Luke Bryan’s Crash My Party on August 13.
- Also due out this August: Chris Jones & The Night Drivers’ Lonely Comes Easy.
- Chris Young and Justin Moore will both release albums on September 17.
- HitShop Records has signed Natalie Stovall and the Drive.
- 3 Doors Down lead singer Brad Arnold is planning to release a country record in 2014.
- Dennis Cash celebrates the release of Sing Me a Carter Family Song today.
- Vince Gill will begin his 12th consecutive term as the President of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum board.
- Cindy Watts wrote a nice feature on Gretchen Wilson that details the Redneck Woman taking control of her career once the radio hits stopped.
- Tracy Lawrence has a new single. Listen to “Footprints on the Moon” here.
- Will Hoge has partnered with Thirty Tigers and will release his ninth studio album entitled Never Give In on October 15. (via press release)
- New music videos from the past week or so:
Kid Rock and Hank Williams, Jr. — “Redneck Paradise (Remix)”
Sturgill Simpson – “Railroad of Sin”
Matrimony – “Golden City”
David Jacobs-Strain – “Halfway to the Coast” (via Music Fog)
Michelle Wright – “Strong”
The Wolfe Brothers – “The Girl, the Bottle, the Memory”
Chris Young – “Aw Naw”
Parmalee – “Carolina”
Dara Maclean – “Wanted”
The Roys – “Gypsy Runaway Train”
- Randy Prewitt: I would have to say my favorite Tom T.Hall song is "The Day Clayton Delaney Died.He has so many great …
- KathyP: "Faster Horses." Which reminds me I need to add it to my digital library.
- Leeann Ward: "Me and Jesus" and "Harper Valley PTA" are my favorites, I think. But I agree with Paul that it's not …
- Chad: "I Love" of course!
- nm: I enjoyed that Nashville recap from the Fug Girls, but the absolutely best recaps are in the Nashville Scene, by …
- Donald: "Don't Forget the Coffee, Billy Joe" is just one of my many favourites!
- paul w dennis: My favorite TTH sings are "I Can't Dance" and St. Louis Named A Shoe After Me" Of course, that just …
- luckyoldsun: Actually, it strikes me as a rather iffy subject for a museum. What kind of exhibits would they have? Jones …
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.