Ashton Shepherd, Tracy Lawrence Release Singles; Urban and Allman Jam at the Ryman; New Music Videos
- The idiots that call themselves the Westboro Baptist Church are taking on Taylor Swift.
- A tour bus owned by Toby Keith crashed and burned on an Indiana turnpike. Keith was not on board, and no injuries were reported.
- David Israelite, President and CEO of the National Music Publishers Association, released a statement directed to Pandora CEO Tim Westergren that stated, “Put simply, Pandora has gone to war against creators of music.”
- Dierks Bentley unveiled the menu for his Scottsdale eatery, Whiskey Row. The restaurant opens next week.
- Keith Urban jammed with Gregg Allman at the Ryman on Friday night. Here’s a fuzzy video with semi-decent audio.
- Tim McGraw would like to tackle a Broadway show or a television series.
- In other Broadway news, A Night with Janis Joplin will be opening in October.
- Terri Clark is selling t-shirts on her website to raise money for Alberta flood relief.
- Bruce Springsteen is back in the recording studio working on his followup to last year’s Wrecking Ball.
- Ashton Shepherd has a brand new single out called “This is America.”
- Kellie Pickler released a photograph that is likely a still from the music video for her new single, “Someone Somewhere Tonight.” It features her Dancing with the Stars partner Derek Hough.
- Rascal Flatts are finishing their next album.
- Capitol Records will release Luke Bryan’s Crash My Party on August 13.
- Also due out this August: Chris Jones & The Night Drivers’ Lonely Comes Easy.
- Chris Young and Justin Moore will both release albums on September 17.
- HitShop Records has signed Natalie Stovall and the Drive.
- 3 Doors Down lead singer Brad Arnold is planning to release a country record in 2014.
- Dennis Cash celebrates the release of Sing Me a Carter Family Song today.
- Vince Gill will begin his 12th consecutive term as the President of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum board.
- Cindy Watts wrote a nice feature on Gretchen Wilson that details the Redneck Woman taking control of her career once the radio hits stopped.
- Tracy Lawrence has a new single. Listen to “Footprints on the Moon” here.
- Will Hoge has partnered with Thirty Tigers and will release his ninth studio album entitled Never Give In on October 15. (via press release)
- New music videos from the past week or so:
Kid Rock and Hank Williams, Jr. — “Redneck Paradise (Remix)”
Sturgill Simpson – “Railroad of Sin”
Matrimony – “Golden City”
David Jacobs-Strain – “Halfway to the Coast” (via Music Fog)
Michelle Wright – “Strong”
The Wolfe Brothers – “The Girl, the Bottle, the Memory”
Chris Young – “Aw Naw”
Parmalee – “Carolina”
Dara Maclean – “Wanted”
The Roys – “Gypsy Runaway Train”
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.