Ashton Shepherd, Tracy Lawrence Release Singles; Urban and Allman Jam at the Ryman; New Music Videos
- The idiots that call themselves the Westboro Baptist Church are taking on Taylor Swift.
- A tour bus owned by Toby Keith crashed and burned on an Indiana turnpike. Keith was not on board, and no injuries were reported.
- David Israelite, President and CEO of the National Music Publishers Association, released a statement directed to Pandora CEO Tim Westergren that stated, “Put simply, Pandora has gone to war against creators of music.”
- Dierks Bentley unveiled the menu for his Scottsdale eatery, Whiskey Row. The restaurant opens next week.
- Keith Urban jammed with Gregg Allman at the Ryman on Friday night. Here’s a fuzzy video with semi-decent audio.
- Tim McGraw would like to tackle a Broadway show or a television series.
- In other Broadway news, A Night with Janis Joplin will be opening in October.
- Terri Clark is selling t-shirts on her website to raise money for Alberta flood relief.
- Bruce Springsteen is back in the recording studio working on his followup to last year’s Wrecking Ball.
- Ashton Shepherd has a brand new single out called “This is America.”
- Kellie Pickler released a photograph that is likely a still from the music video for her new single, “Someone Somewhere Tonight.” It features her Dancing with the Stars partner Derek Hough.
- Rascal Flatts are finishing their next album.
- Capitol Records will release Luke Bryan’s Crash My Party on August 13.
- Also due out this August: Chris Jones & The Night Drivers’ Lonely Comes Easy.
- Chris Young and Justin Moore will both release albums on September 17.
- HitShop Records has signed Natalie Stovall and the Drive.
- 3 Doors Down lead singer Brad Arnold is planning to release a country record in 2014.
- Dennis Cash celebrates the release of Sing Me a Carter Family Song today.
- Vince Gill will begin his 12th consecutive term as the President of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum board.
- Cindy Watts wrote a nice feature on Gretchen Wilson that details the Redneck Woman taking control of her career once the radio hits stopped.
- Tracy Lawrence has a new single. Listen to “Footprints on the Moon” here.
- Will Hoge has partnered with Thirty Tigers and will release his ninth studio album entitled Never Give In on October 15. (via press release)
- New music videos from the past week or so:
Kid Rock and Hank Williams, Jr. — “Redneck Paradise (Remix)”
Sturgill Simpson – “Railroad of Sin”
Matrimony – “Golden City”
David Jacobs-Strain – “Halfway to the Coast” (via Music Fog)
Michelle Wright – “Strong”
The Wolfe Brothers – “The Girl, the Bottle, the Memory”
Chris Young – “Aw Naw”
Parmalee – “Carolina”
Dara Maclean – “Wanted”
The Roys – “Gypsy Runaway Train”
- bob: Enjoyed the Himes article on classic baseball songs. Thanks. Himes also mentioned some books. To those he noted I would …
- luckyoldsun: Well it probably wasn't Larry Gatlin.
- A.B.: Anyone else think Marty Stuart might be part of Lakehouse Holdings that bought the Johnny Cash/Barry Gibb property?
- David Cantwell: Thanks, Andrew. It almost seems inevitable that the greatest singers--Sinatra and George Jones, say--just don't sing so well at the …
- Andrew: Very well put. I don't remember the last time an album gave me chills right from the opening note quite …
- TX Music Jim: All valid choices. I will forever hold out the hope that Gram Parsons, Jerry Jeff Walker and Gary Stewart will …
- Leeann Ward: Oops...the link: http://www.engine145.com/summer-lovin-ronnie-milsap-looks-back-new-album/
- Leeann Ward: Yes, great choices for inductees! In Milsap's case, I guess if you say it to Juli Thanki, it will happen!:): Do …
- Paul W Dennis: Delighted to see "The Voice With A Heart" being inducted - he is my all-time favorite bluegrass vocalist. Hank Cochran …
- luckyoldsun: I don't know what exactly makes one a national treasure, but I'd give that appellation to Mac Wiseman before the …