Arrests and Assaults at Concerts; Behind the Scenes with Dale Ann Bradley; “Remind Me” Video
- Scotty McCreery chats with Billboard about his upcoming album.
- “Dirt Road Anthem” is country music, says Jason Aldean.
- Dehlia Low is offering a free download of the title track from upcoming album Ravens & Crows.
- Holly Gleason’s thoughts on Rascal Flatts: See, Rascal Flatts isn’t for everyone – especially not people who’re cool. The hipocracy ain’t buying. Even those who might, won’t — for fear of being sneered at. And then, there’s everyone else. There’s a whole lot of everyone else. Which is how they amassed the impressive list of facts’n’stats they proceeded to bludgeon Music Row with like a baby seal – realizing too late the lifeless carcass on the ground was the good will the industry should’ve had for the three men who do more charity work, engage on a real level when they meet their fans, had the biggest selling album a couple different years – only to wonder why they get no respect.
- Dex Romweber talks about his Silvertone guitar.
- Need to stay up-to-date on the lyrics Taylor Swift writes on her arm for each show? You’re in luck.
- A man was assaulted at Tim McGraw’s Massachusetts show.
- Bucky Covington denies theft allegations.
- Visit the Patsy Cline Historic House in Winchester, Virginia.
- Behind the scenes of Dale Ann Bradley’s upcoming record Somewhere South of Crazy. It includes a pretty sweet cover of Seals & Crofts’ “Summer Breeze.”
- Kenny Chesney penned the theme song for ESPN’s new show Rise Up.
- 70 people—56 of whom were underage drinkers—got arrested at a Brad Paisley concert. Brad was disappointed.
- Here’s the video for Paisley and Carrie Underwood’s duet “Remind Me.”
- bob: Thanks Barry. Just reserved the Adam Gussow book. Sounds interesting.
- Barry Mazor: It may be over-stated, in arriving at practically a single explanation of everything, but Adam Gussow's book on lynching and …
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."