Adam Hood – “Different Groove”
Songwriters: Adam Hood
Adam Hood is an Alabama native adopted by Texas’ Red Dirt scene and he recorded his last album in California. He travels all over the South, playing nearly 300 shows a year, making the road his actual home; a modern-day troubador if there ever was one. He doesn’t fit within the confines of traditional country, but he makes interesting music that draws on country influences and is the perfect example of an artist supported by the Red Dirt infrastructure outlined by Ben Cisneros.
“Different Groove” is the title track off his first studio album. It doesn’t aspire to be much more than a feel good song, but it accomplishes that admirably, with a driving rhythm that was laid down live to capture the feel of Hood’s typically sparse performances and later fleshed out in the studio. The song describes Hood’s style as well, which he’s careful not to pigeonhole when he talks about his music; he’s “just lookin’ for a style that makes me smile [...] Put my soul in the music and find a different groove.”
After reviewing his album, Brody Vercher proclaimed, “Believe the hype, Adam Hood is a euphoric high for those suffering from a musically saturated landscape of Tweedledees and Tweedledums.” Give his music a listen, you just might find yourself enjoying a different groove.
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.