ACM Announces Off-Camera Award Winners; Stream New Neko Case Song; New Music Videos
- The Academy of Country Music announced the recipients of some special and industry awards prior to the April 7 broadcast. Some of the winners include:
Keith Whitley and the Judds - Cliffie Stone Pioneer Award (honoring music acts that are pioneers in the country music genre)
Jason Aldean – Crystal Milestone Award (honoring a significant career milestone)
Blake Shelton – Gene Weed Special Achievement Award (honoring unprecedented, unique and outstanding individual achievement in country music)
Lady Antebellum - Jim Reeves International Award (honoring an artist or group for outstanding contributions to the acceptance of country music throughout the world.)
Guy Clark and Hank Williams - The Poet’s Award (honoring songwriters for outstanding musical and/or lyrical contributions throughout their careers in the field of country music.
- Sammy Kershaw, Joe Diffie and Aaron Tippin have released a new single together called “All in the Same Boat” to support their tour together.
- Lady Antebellum shared the track listing for their upcoming album, Golden.
- Here’s a new Laura Bell Bundy song called “Two Step.”
- Singer-songwriter Julie Reeves is the new morning radio host at WDGG in Huntington, WV. She’s competing directly against her ex-husband Cledus T. Judd who does mornings at crosstown rival WTCR.
- Speaking of Judd, Octomom stars in his new video for “Honeymoon,” a song that parodies Little Big Town’s “Pontoon.”
- Check out this cool guitar made with a 3D printer.
- Rascal Flatts announced their Live and Loud Tour, which will kick off May 31.
- Barbara Mandrell will be coming out of retirement to sing at George Jones’ final Nashville concert this November.
- Bryan White has a Kickstarter-funded album that will be released later this year.
- Meghan Linsey doesn’t rule out a Steel Magnolia reunion.
- Thompson Square talked with Chuck Dauphin at Billboard about their “more focused” sophomore album: “I get the sophomore thing – about having your whole life to write for that first album, but at the same time, you can’t put every song that you wrote for it on there. We had a lot left over. But, It seemed like what we found from the outside really fit the mood. We felt very fortunate. I think from a song quality standpoint, it’s even better than the first one.”
- Stream “That’s Who I Am,” a Neko Case song from the upcoming John Mellencamp, Stephen King, and T Bone Burnett project, Ghost Brothers of Darkland County.
- A pending bill would allow the city of Montgomery, Alabama to assume ownership of the cemetery in which Hank Williams is buried.
- Country California posted a new edition of Quotable Country.
- Mark Kroos plays “Dueling Banjos” with… himself in a very fun video.
- Kenny Chesney has a new line of signature sunglasses.
- Mountain Heart fiddler Jim VanCleve contracted Dengue Fever during a visit St. Croix last week.
- Charlie Daniels Band manager David Corlew celebrated his 40th year with the band.
- New music videos from the past week or so:
Darius Rucker – “Wagon Wheel”
Lindi Ortega – “Murder of Crows”
Kip Moore – “Hey Pretty Girl”
Rose Falcon – “If Love Had a Heart”
Kristen Kelly – “He Loves to Make Me Cry”
Cody Belew – “Baby Get Out”
Brett Eldredge – “Don’t Ya”
Reckless Kelly – “All Aboard”
Crystal Bowersox – “Dead Weight”
You Knew Me When – “Lucky Me”
Lia Rose – “Snake in the Water”
Jason Aldean – “1994”
Whiskey Myers – “Virginia”
Nell Robinson and Jim Nunally – “Life in the Garden”
The New Black 7 – “Crazy All Over Me”
Chris King and Jamie Lin Wilson – “Man Enough”
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …